For the Win (from Tasty Minstrel Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iOSBoardGames, Dec 10, 2012.

1. iOSBoardGames

iOSBoardGames Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Hello Touch Arcade Peeps,

My name is Brad Cummings and I am the editor over at iOS Board Games on BoardGameGeek. We cover the niche genre of board games for iOS.

Now, I have the unique opportunity to tell you about an app I actually helped make, along with a crack team. I am going from reviewing and talking about games, to actually putting my money where my mouth is. For the Win is a wacky puzzle strategy game. Your task is to connect your team of monkeys, zombies, pirates, aliens, and ninjas before your opponents. Each member of your team has a unique ability that can change the game in thematic ways. This quick-playing game features simple rules but in-depth strategy. You can play with up to four friends or puzzle it out against challenging A.I. opponents. For the Win is the first app from board game publisher Tasty Minstrel Games. Look for For the Win in the Appstore next week.

You can check out out a trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGsAJsaFhbw

You can also follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and for a chance to win the game upon release: https://twitter.com/ForTheWinApp

For the Win features:
    - A quick tutorial to teach you how to play
    - Challenging A.I. of different levels and play styles, for hours of single player brain-burning
    - Built-in fullscreen support for iPhone 5
    - Pass and play with up to 4 players on one device
    - Game Center leaderboards to track your records and compete with friends
    - Plenty of color and background customization options as well as avatars to unlock
    - Quickplay shortcuts for advanced players make games quick and focused

I am happy to answer any questions in the comments below.

Thank you,
    Brad Cummings

Attached Files:

2. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Brad, first of all, WELCOME! I'm a big fan of BGG, and often refer to your site when discussing iOS board games on these forums. I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

3. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    Hi Brad,

is this iPhone only or universal?

4. grid

grid Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    iPhone Game Dev
    Minneapolis, MN
    #4 grid, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    The app will be iPhone only on initial launch. If it does well, Universal is definitely on the list of things we want to add in the first major update.

UPDATE: I should probably say that I was one of the developers on For The Win.

5. iOSBoardGames

iOSBoardGames Member

Dec 6, 2012

Thank you! I also use these Forums on the time to check up on the latest releases, it just took my a while to finally post.

6. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    Then hopefully it will do well! I've waited for this one since your posting on BGG...

7. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Really looking forward to this!

8. iOSBoardGames

iOSBoardGames Member

Dec 6, 2012
    New screens

Hi Everyone,

While we wait I thought I would post a couple of new screenshots. These show the character abilities in action.

Also we are now on SlideDB and currently 82nd. If you want to swing over there and comment, it will keep our rank high, which would be awesome.
    http://www.slidedb.com/games/for-the-win

See screens below...

9. iOSBoardGames

iOSBoardGames Member

Dec 6, 2012
    New For the Win Screens:

Attached Files:

10. iOSBoardGames

iOSBoardGames Member

Dec 6, 2012