Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-25-2014, 12:55 AM

Alien Creeps TD

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 09-11-2014, 10:40 PM

Could be an outstanding game but this game is persistent at trying to get you to buy IAP. It's a shame really because it could be an excellent game. Eventually to progress you will need to buy some IAP, even upgrading towers you have to wait anywhere from 15 mibs to 6 hrs or you can use blue energy which comes along far to rarely! Bad business model, hope developer changes this.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:14 AM

Same ol' freemium model.....designed more to get your money rather than provide a good gaming experience. The game ramps up the difficulty very quickly and the various upgrades quickly get very expensive, while at the same time you get less coins from grinding. They have a strange system where you gets coins by earning stars in missions (completing the missions at a certain level), but once you earn a star for a certain level, you can't earn it again by replaying the mission. So most of the coins can only be earned once. The other way to earn coins is by having your hero kill stuff, but this is much less than you earn from stars.....maybe 100 or so coins, where each star earns you around 400 coins. The upgrades soon ramp up to 3000 and up, so that becomes a lot of grinding if you can't beat new levels for the stars......30 or so. Pretty much a steep pay wall.
I also get leary of a game that won't show you how expensive future upgrades become.....as they hope you sink some cash into the game and then realize it didn't get you very far. I like how Sky Force 2014 did this with selling coin doublers for a couple bucks which I gladly paid for.....but seeing the inflation of upgrade cost for this game it would have to be a quadrupler.
May leave it on my iPad for a month or so to see if they make any adjustments for the better. If they are just whale hunting, then it will be deleted as any other whale hunting app is.

Last edited by Lhonster; 11-19-2014 at 03:18 AM..