What is the best Flight Simulator app ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by terabyte1024, Dec 31, 2012.

1. terabyte1024

terabyte1024 New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    #1 terabyte1024, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    There are millions ( well not quite ) of flight simulator apps for the iphone and ipod touch, but the one question that many users ask is ' which is the best ' Many people comment and recommend the games like X-Plane or Infinite Flight etc, but which would you recommend and why ?

2. kpao

kpao Active Member

Hi,

Being one of the developers of Infinite Flight, I'm obviously biased about which of the sim is the best :)

However, what's cool about Infinite Flight is:
    - Detailed airplanes
    - Liveries
    - Good flight physics
    - Flight Planning
    - Tons of cameras
    - Autopilot and more...

I'd say the most important is that we're 100% behind this project. We've released updates every month or so, every time with new airplanes and features.
    We also have a feedback site where users can leave suggestions and vote on existing ones so we can prioritize which things go in the sim first.
    Our users can collectively shape the future of the simulator. Of course, there are things we can't do at the moment for lack of performance on the devices for example, but we know we'll implement them later.

The feedback site:
    http://feedback.flyingdevstudio.com/

Here's a video of the latest version in case you haven't seen it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5N_ckb-dXw

Let me know if you have any questions about the app :)

Cheers,
    Matt

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    X-Plane-9 HD is my favorite flight sim. Well worth the price for the content you'll get. The Apollo IAP is worth getting too.

4. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I really enjoy Infinite Flight. It's getting better and better with every update.

5. Stephen Richard

Stephen Richard Active Member

Jan 2, 2013
    USA
    Hi i enjoyed with Sky Racer 2. X-Plane-9 HD is my favorite too.

6. kpao

kpao Active Member

Have you tried Infinite Flight? I'd love to know what you prefer in X-Plane over Infinite Flight, thanks :)

--
    Matt

7. Stephen Richard

Stephen Richard Active Member

Jan 2, 2013
    USA
    Infinite flight looks like containing more advanced Aircraft controls but when comparing to that X-Plane is good as it contains more features like shuttle craft and carrier landing

8. kpao

kpao Active Member

We don't have shuttle take off but we do have shuttle landing missions :)

Thanks for the feedback, we're hard at work on our next update, many things will change, and we've got tons of things planned for 2013!

Matt

9. Albatross

Albatross Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Infinite Flight is well worth trying. The best thing about it is that the developers listen to your feedback and try to change things so that everyone is satisfied with the game :)

10. bloto

bloto Member

Oct 4, 2012
    #11 bloto, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    I like this one

You should try 737 Flight Simulator

It's really good, you can crash plane which is not very common in these types of games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/737game

11. denham.loos

denham.loos New Member

Apr 9, 2014
    I haven't tried X plane 9 but the graphics from another X plane threw me off completely. On the contrary Infinite flight is the most addicting flight simulator with real and complete graphics, next to no game crashes and a very realistic flight experience. They are also constantly updating which is positive. More planes and faster loading time would be good too as well as 3D terrain(I concur with other IF users). Carriers and shuttle takeoff would be intriguing to say the least. I am very much in favour of infinite flight and recommend this game to anyone, no matter if you are an 8 year old boy to a 30 year old flying veteran it will provide an all round flying experience.