Iads revenue question

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Murg, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Murg

Murg New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Hello everyone,

Purely in a Pay Per Impression basis, roughly how many banners would I have to show in order to make one cent from iads? I know they do not have the best fill rate, this is just for research at the moment.

I've heard you need to display its between 7 and 8 banners successfully displayed, is this about right at the moment?

Thanks.

2. plungeint

plungeint Active Member

Feb 13, 2013
    ceo at plunge interactive
    Europe
    Hi,

My recommendation is, put iAds, and when they don't have a banner to fill you with, put an alternative (you have a delegate that gives that info). I personally recommend you to use revmob as the alternative. You will make a lot of money man :)

3. derpderp

derpderp Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    That didn't really answer the question im afraid.

4. Murg

Murg New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Thanks for the info but it didnt really answer the question i asked.

5. M.O.

M.O. Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    It really depends on the deal that apple cut with the company that bought the inventory that you are displaying. I have sometimes seen a penny for twenty some impressions. Sometimes their will be fifty or sixty without any revenue.

6. Murg

Murg New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Wow, so you would have to display 2,000 banners a day (at best) to earn a dollar?. Guess not many people are making money from banners impressions alone then lol. Makes pay per impression video ads look all the more appealing.

7. M.O.

M.O. Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    You have to remember that people tap the ads to, I have seen between $.10 to $.50 per tap. If you are trying to make money through ads though, you will definitely need a high number of downloads.

8. Murg

Murg New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Isnt the average like a 0.3% click through rate?