Universal Infinite Flight - Flight Simulator (by Flying Development Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Mar 19, 2012.

1. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    A few questions for Matt:

How do you get the 100,000 and 327,000 feet achievements? Is this for future aircraft?

And also: any hints on what's coming in the next update?

2. kpao

kpao Active Member

You can't navigate using VOR's at this point nope. For the ILS, you can see the equipped runways on the map. Those that have the red localizer paths have an ILS :) Just create your flight plan through to the points that follow the localizer and you'll vector yourself to the ILS.

You can also get the approach plates on Airnav, input the approach and shoot it :)

Matt

3. kpao

kpao Active Member

Achievements: Yep, it's for future airplanes :)
    Next Update: No defined feature set at this point but we're working on scenery improvements right now.

--
    Matt

4. fenderbendr

Mar 7, 2012
    Alright, thanks.

Keep up the good work!

5. fenderbendr

Mar 7, 2012
    Will the updated scenery be available for the iPod touch 4g?

6. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Got it, thanks. :)

7. kpao

kpao Active Member

Yep. Not as high quality as the other high end devices because of memory limitations, but it'll will have the new stuff.

Matt

8. fenderbendr

Mar 7, 2012
    Great news, thanks.

9. sebanovic

sebanovic Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #69 sebanovic, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    It'd be nice to have some generic but exciting scenery like mountains or canyons...xplane does this well but this has the potential to be better

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I have been "watching" this app for quite some time. I am very interested and I notice that there are a number of very interesting planes and maps which are only available though IAP, so I keep on "watching"... :cool:

As a flight sim (combat mostly) and racing sim fan when I was younger (and wild), I appreciate your efforts here and wish there were something remotely close to GPL for racing like what you did with flight sim.

All the best.

11. donka

donka Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Game Impressions

Okay, I wanted to join in this thread as its the biggest I could find for Infinite Flight on these forums. I'm a huge fan of Infinite Flight and it's obviously one of what I consider the big three flight simulators on iOS. I wanted other people's thoughts or even the developers themselves on the direction of this sim. I know the big addition was the live multi player but I do feel there are other things that need addressed first.

1. The game engine is badly in need of optimization or fine tuning, on iOS at least as I have never played this on Android. The frame rate in general seems a bit low and is very noticeable when taking off or coming in to land. The scenery seems very jerky when scrolling by. This happens all the time, even straight after a reboot. I had this on all my devices but even when I added the latest IPad Air 2, I was disappointed how there was only a little improvement in this regard. This for me is the single biggest issue with Infinite Flight as I find it very distracting. It's all the more frustrating when the other two sim's newest updates seem to have a lot more going on visually and yet are buttery smooth in comparison.

2. Ground modelling. I'm not talking about rendering full cities and the like, just some airport structures like terminals, warehouses etc. so that it feels like you are coming in to land at an airport and not some barren strip of concrete. This is something the other two sims have nailed.

3. Clouds. I know it's nice to fly nice in weather but realistically you are going to encounter clouds of some description. I realise this is something of a holy grail with mobile flight simulators and not easy to implement well but this is something one of the other sims has achieved in a satisfactory manner and adds a lot to the experience IMHO.

I guess the above is my wish list for Infinite Flight because it is a good sim and leads the pack in some areas such as interface, controls, map and flight planning as well as plane selection. I'm still amazed this is the only app that I can play on the iPad and keep both hands on each side and still be able to toggle all the major controls with my thumbs without having to let go or block my view - the interface/controls are very well implemented.

12. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    Hi everyone.
    This thread has been quiet for years now, but the game kept on being updated.
    I was curious about the state of the game as of now, I'm a flight sim enthusiast and was wondering if I could give this one a shot.
    How about cloud rendering and 2D/virtual cockpit that were being discussed in 2012?
    Have ground scenery/structures been added/improved and smoothness improved?

13. trancemanelk

trancemanelk Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Still no stars or clouds....in a flight SIM. Ridiculous move on the "devs" part.

14. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    This game has the most rage inducing tutorial ever. Tutorials are long and if you miss one message (which is tiny) you have to start again because there's no way to read it again.

15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    New update today seems pretty massive
    Love this one X Flight 10 and aeroflight simulator 2
    Oh and highly recommend space simulator

16. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Jep new update is out. Added the brand new 787 family and some other stuff.

17. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    New update with the C-130 is out.

18. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m just gonna drop this here: https://youtu.be/B6GLoN1LRxU

Years of hard work has been put into this fresh released update this week. I’m not trying make this look like an advertisement, what I’m trying to say here is that this update is a huge milestone for mobile gaming.

You can now realistically fly the entire world on your mobile device. Scenery is streamed to your device, there is multiplayer so when you fly from New York to London, you actually see other planes/players every now and then. The newest update also added realistic fuel burn, engine start/stop, real time day/night cycle, updates to airport layouts and blablabla even some more stuff.

If you’re into simulators on mobile or just want to see what some devs can achieve on mobile devices, you HAVE to take a look.

It’s sad to see this ‘game’ is not getting any love on Touch Arcade.

19. pobr

pobr New Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I think a couple reasons for this:
    - Infinite Flight is aimed at realism, not really at being a game.
    - It is paid, which seems to be a dying breed, especially on TouchArcade

I am a developer on Infinite Flight and would certainly love to hear more about what we could do to improve its appeal (other than making it free).

20. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    The PC is the winner here with its open architecture and extensive modding community. I doubt anything similar is possible on mobile OS.