★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Played briefly and deleted. Didn't care for the gameplay, style of the game, or the translation. Nice character art, though!

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
10-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
Played briefly and deleted. Didn't care for the gameplay, style of the game, or the translation. Nice character art, though!
uhh and I'm downloading right now...

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3

10-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
I check and find that this is the English version of the game made by a Chinese developer (from HK? Taiwan? Mainland China?) released back in May.
You are right. It should be the English version of that game as I have played the Chinese version once.
10-27-2011, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
I check and find that this is the English version of the game made by a Chinese developer (from HK? Taiwan? Mainland China?) released back in May.
Well, Lakoo is a Chinese developer...
10-27-2011, 01:25 AM
It seems Lakoo has also developed Empire Online, and I very much enjoyed that style of turn-based gameplay. It's IAP was optional and I poured maybe 30 hours into that game. Definitely will be downloading this.

Playing: [Chaos Rings] [CoD: Zombies] [LASW] [GTA: Chinatown Wars] [CBNK 2] [THPS2] [Cubed Rally Racer]
OF: cifang
Plus+: cifang
10-27-2011, 01:47 AM
I got this game right when it came out and it's nice but it drags on for a while at the start. i feel like i'm just eating up time killing monsters by myself for 30-45 minutes with not much variation =\ i hope it gets better once you get more people.

though i'm not sure why it's free so i'm really suspicious. the iap seem very minimal when i looked at them...
10-27-2011, 01:56 AM
Been playing Dawn of Magic for about 15-20 min and (1) the graphics are pretty good and although they're not Retina, they're not fuzzy on Retina devices like how some games are, (2) some in the thread have complained the touch-only controls are problematic in accidentally initiating encounters; I found the controls fine and didn't accidentally initiate an encounter not once, (3) the magic gem system seems a little convoluted but isn't that bad, (4) I wish there were an iPod option b/c the one song in the game drones and drones on and on... Overall, it seems pretty decent. I'll have to play further to see when and if the IAP paywall(s) come up with the gems.

Game Center: g-b0y_fr3sh OpenFeint: g-b0y_fr3sh
Twitter: h1dd3n_m0nk
10-27-2011, 02:00 AM
Although the game is free, I'm not even sure it's worth checking out. Slow paced, horrible translations, no D-pad, iAPs that really raises worries (really, in a JRPG?), the most basic equip/skill system, etc. It's a bare bone JRPG that has quite a few things going against it. Not sure if I'll be dedicating anymore time to it. I see Alphadia is in the top 100 paid games right now. That looks like a JRPG that might actually be worth checking out.

Twitter: @back2this
10-27-2011, 02:15 AM
This was disappointing. I had no idea that a turn-based JRPG could be so dull, especially with those graphics. Makes me appreciate Crimson Gem Saga more though.

Waiting for: Chaos Rings II, Phoenix Wright 123
I will always love: Kairosoft and CAVE Co. Ltd., Capcom, Godzilab, Simogo
Feel free to add me on Gamecenter; I'm Kirbychewy!
Dodonpachi is no longer my favorite iOS game.
10-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
I see Alphadia is in the top 100 paid games right now. That looks like a JRPG that might actually be worth checking out.
Yeah, I saw Alphadia earlier today too. May check that out... Interestingly, Kotaku did a little write-up on Alphadia and said they thought it was pretty good and is the best of Kemco's (developer) JRPGs especially in terms of localization.

Game Center: g-b0y_fr3sh OpenFeint: g-b0y_fr3sh
Twitter: h1dd3n_m0nk