★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-07-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toythatkills View Post
Is this just 99c or is there IAP? That's really cheap!
This price is a 66%-off intro sale; there is also an entirely optional IAP currency (the game explicitly states the optional nature of this during the tutorial) you can pick up within the game.
03-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
Recettear is pretty much a must-have on PC, and this looks to offer a similar experience, only with the story revolving around running a bar/restaurant instead of an item shop, and the real-time combat and random dungeons replaced with turn-based combat and SNES-style RPG gameplay.

For a dollar, it isn't even worth wasting time asking if it's worth picking up.
That's what I'm thinking. This looks like a cross between Recettear and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

03-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
This price is a 66%-off intro sale; there is also an entirely optional IAP currency (the game explicitly states the optional nature of this during the tutorial) you can pick up within the game.
Cheers, I hope the game is balanced with no IAP in mind then, rather than to encourage it.

Still, as you say, it's just a dollar, there's no way I'm not giving it a go!
03-07-2012, 07:03 AM
cant wait till 11 pm!!
03-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Is this just 99c or is there IAP? That's really cheap!
Competitive pricing/sale

According to the dev, there's IAP that's been added on top of the PSP port. So, it's strictly optional.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
03-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Cheers, I hope the game is balanced with no IAP in mind then, rather than to encourage it.
It is indeed since the first Build hadnt none and the iAP was added at the last Day if I remember it right.

It`s save to say that the IAP is as Optional as it can be.
03-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Damn, wish this game had come out before Mass Effect 3.
03-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Is the app really universal? They said in their fb fan page that it will be iPhone/iPod only.

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?
03-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iANiMeX View Post
Is the app really universal? They said in their fb fan page that it will be iPhone/iPod only.
Eh, whoops, it's not.

Sorry, I'm going on very little sleep here - personally I'm impressed that this is the first error I made.

Could a mod please help?
(Or give me the power to edit my own dang titles)

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
03-07-2012, 07:20 AM
The combat looks a bit more involved that traditional japanesque FF-style timer-based combat, since this engine seems to offer positioning (which really makes all the difference in interactivity. See Final Fantasy Tactics versus traditional FF combat ).

And even with fully automated combat, I'd probably have been interested, for the other aspects of the game. A title like this could go either way. It could be a silly time-management (= waste) game, an involved sim with pleasant RPG and adventure additions, or even a complete mesh of the three genres. I'm betting on one of the latter, and will most certainly back up that bet with 0.99 come midnight

Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 03-07-2012 at 07:30 AM.