★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-08-2016, 06:53 PM
Hey there!
We've just post a Thread with Free Promocodes, for the ones who were close to downloading but still in doubt. Give it a try! http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=290614

We'd love to know your thoughts on the game as the whole TrueStory team is happy to give you the best interactive fiction experience on your iPhone.

07-10-2016, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelparatov View Post
Hey there!
We've just post a Thread with Free Promocodes, for the ones who were close to downloading but still in doubt. Give it a try! http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=290614

We'd love to know your thoughts on the game as the whole TrueStory team is happy to give you the best interactive fiction experience on your iPhone.

E6LJRLANPWJ3

Thanks for the code. I will be happy to give some imps in due time.

07-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Also would be awesome to see an update with achievements like you mentioned. Would add a lot of value
Hey there!
We've just updated Stranded to version 1.0.3, and you can find the ahievements menu there; Just as you've asked

What's new in 1.0.3:
— Achievements menu! Take a look at all the achievements you've unlocked on a special screen and find out how many are left to collect. Your achievements are saved globaly based on all of your playthroughs. Explore alternate story paths to find them all.
— Quotes. Tap the achievement artwork to view catchy phrases behind Sam's story.

TrueStory team thanks you for following Sam’s journey with us.

Last edited by pavelparatov; 07-11-2016 at 05:04 PM.
07-12-2016, 08:13 PM
Really enjoying this game so far. Appreciate the brand-new update that shortens the time between communications - they were a bit long before.

It's definitely a lifeline clone, nothing revolutionary for anyone that's played those games. But it's well executed.

My biggest quibbles are:

1) the button graphics (after you select an option) are inverted for how they should be. The SELECTED option should be depressed (and darkened, as it already is), while the option you didn't pick should look like it hasn't been clicked (and grey out the text).

2) I'm not feeling quite the same depth of attachment as I did to the lifeline characters. I suspect this is partially because the game assumes a previous relationship, dumping me into a convo where I already "know" him but not really. Also, there definitely isn't quite the same level of snarkiness and quirkiness in the dialogue to endear me.

That being said, a solid effort so far, and I look forward to seeing how the story progresses. The writing is very solid, and happy to report NO typos thus far (a pet peeve). Definitely worth a couple bucks (though I was kindly given a code to test for free)

Last edited by platyduck; 07-12-2016 at 08:21 PM.
07-13-2016, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by platyduck View Post
Really enjoying this game so far. Appreciate the brand-new update that shortens the time between communications - they were a bit long before.
Hello Platyduck! Thank you) We are happy you enjoy the game improvements.

Quote:
It's definitely a lifeline clone, nothing revolutionary for anyone that's played those games. But it's well executed.
Right! We were inspired by Lifeline series. These games are so emotional, fresh and fun! One of the greatest iOS entertainment! Another inspiration was a Nerdist podcast with J.J. Abrams, he gave a hint that helped us find the story)

Quote:
My biggest quibbles are:

1) the button graphics (after you select an option) are inverted for how they should be. The SELECTED option should be depressed (and darkened, as it already is), while the option you didn't pick should look like it hasn't been clicked (and grey out the text).
Now after you've mentioned this issue, we can't believe we haven't fixed this before)) Totally agree!

Quote:
2) I'm not feeling quite the same depth of attachment as I did to the lifeline characters. I suspect this is partially because the game assumes a previous relationship, dumping me into a convo where I already "know" him but not really. Also, there definitely isn't quite the same level of snarkiness and quirkiness in the dialogue to endear me.
We agree, it's not as snarky as Lifeline, and the relationship is more difficult to establish as preexisting. The premise doesn't really allow for you to just meet Sam when the game starts. We are now thinking how to improve it.

Quote:
That being said, a solid effort so far, and I look forward to seeing how the story progresses. The writing is very solid, and happy to report NO typos thus far (a pet peeve). Definitely worth a couple bucks (though I was kindly given a code to test for free)
Thank you for your review, kind words and support!

Last edited by pavelparatov; 07-13-2016 at 04:26 PM.
07-15-2016, 04:12 PM
I approve This Game. Graphically is polished, plot is interesting and entertaining, amazing adventure so far... And The dev is active!

5 stars by me.

Keep up The good work
07-15-2016, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelparatov View Post
Hey there!
We've just updated Stranded to version 1.0.3, and you can find the ahievements menu there; Just as you've asked

What's new in 1.0.3:
Achievements menu! Take a look at all the achievements you've unlocked on a special screen and find out how many are left to collect. Your achievements are saved globaly based on all of your playthroughs. Explore alternate story paths to find them all.
Quotes. Tap the achievement artwork to view catchy phrases behind Sam's story.

TrueStory team thanks you for following Sams journey with us.

This game keeps getting better and better. Would be amazing to see it featured on App Store or toucharcade
07-20-2016, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiloMJ View Post
I approve This Game. Graphically is polished, plot is interesting and entertaining, amazing adventure so far... And The dev is active!

5 stars by me.

Keep up The good work
Hey FiloMJ! Thank you!
You can also write us a message via in-game chat as well. Just tap the 'Support' button in the game menu)
07-20-2016, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
This game keeps getting better and better. Would be amazing to see it featured on App Store or toucharcade
Thank you for your support! We'd be so happy if toucharcade featured Stranded game ;D
07-20-2016, 03:20 PM
Reading it for some days and I like a lot this game.
Yes it's like another lifeline game but it has personality in the story. I will be happy yo buy your next games.

One thing I don't like it's that using a pebble watch every notification go there. I solved this disabling notifications for the app and is not really a problem