Earn to Die 2 (by Not Doppler)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by notdoppler, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notdoppler

notdoppler Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    #1 notdoppler, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    [​IMG]

UPDATE: Earn to Die 2 Launches this THURSDAY, Nov 20 on the App Store! :)

Hi!

We are very excited to announce Earn to Die 2 will be coming to the App Store on November 20

For those not familiar with the original, in Earn to Die 2 your goal is to smash through the zombie apocalypse. You’ll earn cash from each run to upgrade your vehicle into a zombie-slaughtering machine.

We've been listening to feedback from fans to make the game even better while retaining the key elements that made the game so addictive and fun.

Firstly, we've increased the length of the game by approximately five times over. This makes the new story mode significantly longer than the previous one with new obstacles presenting themselves as you progress through the game to keep the gameplay fresh.

Earn to Die 2 is set in a post-apocalyptic industrial world, as opposed to a desert like its predecessor. This plays nicely in introducing new obstacles. You'll be able to zoom across highway overpasses, navigate through underground tunnels and even smash through zombie filled factories. The carnage is completely satisfying and we can't wait for you guys to try it out!

A new game means new vehicles. We've added ten new ones including a sportscar, ice-cream van and even a police car. To add to the challenge, we've made every vehicle completely destructible, so parts of your vehicle can get damaged or completely fly off if you drive too recklessly.

Finally, there will be a Missions Mode for those that get through story mode - This mode will test even the best drivers to unlock every achievement. (Missions Mode will be released as an update to Earn to Die 2 some time after the official launch)

We're looking forward to sharing more Earn to Die 2 content with you over the coming weeks through this forum. We will update on a release date including pricing details closer to launch.

You can check out the trailer below:

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Great stuff. Really enjoyed the first game and played that till i completed it (not many games i keep playing till i finish it)

Look forward to this one

3. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    great news, loved the first one :)

4. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    #4 noah0706, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    Awesome. The first one was really fun and I cant wait to get this one! :D

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The first one was fantastic! Looking forward to this sequel!

6. jerrnej

jerrnej Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Lead Guitar
    Maribor
    I've been a fan of your games since Flash was king and Mochi was huge :D

7. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I miss the gold ol' flash games. There were some that beat the story of blockbuster games and movies today. It's so generic now.
    Anyway, I'm also looking forward to this.
    Hopefully an instabuy :)

8. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone and glad to hear you enjoyed the trailer.

Will be keeping this thread up to date with news, previews and more details over the coming weeks :) - will definitely go into a bit more detail on some of the new features like the new terrain/obstacles and destructible vehicles.

9. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Hi everyone,

Wanted to share a development update as we get closer to launch! Below are some screenshots highlighting some of our favorite new features of the game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of my personal favorite features is the new urban environment as it introduces obstacles and challenges that fans of the game will have not experienced. I especially like how players can now take multiple paths through a level. From overpasses, to underground tunnels and even huge factories, there is much more variety in the way each level can be approached.

Of course, we were very conscious not to lose the pure fun of smashing through crates, zombies and explosives that made the original so addictive so that is definitely there as well :)

We are going through the final stages of polish and testing, so we are very close to the final binary being ready to submit to the App Store. Hopefully we'll be able to share the App Preview video in the next week or so to show off a bit more of the game play.

10. cujochrisv

cujochrisv Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Yes finally hope it's gonna be a looong game

11. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    #11 notdoppler, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    Launching this Thursday, Nov 20

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to pass on an update that we will be officially launching on the App Store this Thursday, November 20th! :) :)

The game will be US $1.99 and a universal build.

Can't wait to see the game out there on the App Store. I've also included our official App Preview video below.

cujochrisv - The story mode has definitely been extended - it will take five times as long as the original game to beat :) We also have a missions mode update in the works for those players who are interested in unlocking a whole range of achievements.

As always, happy to answer any questions you may have.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This game looks fantastic, instabuy! I have played the original through many times and am so ready for part two ;)

13. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    what's the device requirement to run this game? Hopefully it can run on devices that IOS 5.1.1 and above:)

14. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Unfortunately it won't be able to run on iOS 5.1.1, as the game will require iOS 6.0 or higher sorry :(

If it helps, I have included a list of compatible devices below:
    - iPhone 4 and newer
    - iPod touch (4th Generation) and newer
    - iPad 2 and newer (including all versions of iPad mini)

15. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ugh! This wait to kill zombies is killing me. ;)

16. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    :D Nice

Yeah, I can't wait to play this, I still play the original regularly.

17. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yup, me too! I'm in!:D

18. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    I never did play the first one, I just never got around to it. Is it worth me picking up the first one before getting this or does it not really matter?

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hell yes it is. :)

It's a good time eater until the sequel arrives.

20. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Thanks, in that case I will download it now :)