Gta:chinatown wars iphone port

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Militia, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Militia

Militia Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Touch arcade had a forum by "gameloft" saying they were making sonic unleashed and GTA:chinatown wars ports for the iphone. I don't hear any talk over the internet about this or on gamelofts website was this a hoax or is their validity to these comments plz help. I had my hopes up so high for GTA hope it wasn't a lie.

2. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    ya it was a hoax gameloft denied it

3. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    It was a hoax.

Edit:noobynick beat me to it. Is there a way of deleting your posts?

4. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

It was a hoax. Also please post in the proper forum from now on. There is no gta Chinatown wars coming out for the iPhone

5. Militia

Jun 16, 2009
    lies

I feel like such a complete idiot i went telling all my friends who argued the iphone is not a true gaming system and i rubbed it in their faces i was soooo excited you don't even know. It was my most anticipated iphone game ever.

6. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    It was a hoax.
    Not even sure how well the game would run on the iphone.

China Town wars is designed for a dual screen console so many things would have to be changed.

On the flipside China Town Wars had pretty poor overall sales against what was expected so perhaps Rockstar may see an iphone version as a way to make a bit more cash out of it.

While it would be a fun game to have on the phone ultimately i doubt it will ever happen due to the hoops that current devs have to jump through to get past apple's dubious certification labrynth.

7. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Double post so sorry... but had to reply to the previous poster.

So why don't you show them Real Racing and Terminator Salvation.
    Or Live Fire when it comes out.
    How about Need for Speed? Sims3 and Zenonia.... all these titles and many more show that the iphone is a true gaming system.

8. Militia

Jun 16, 2009
    I completely agree and have spent over 200$ in iphone gaming. Bue the fact that they would have a full on port of a GTA game which was scored so highly by critics would be undeniable. Sure we have assasins creed which was a DS port which was done spectacularl but still it was a good game not great. We need a port of a game like GTA:Chinatown wars with well implemented controls and their would just be no denying it and not only that i wanted that game whe i "heard" it was coming out more than any other iphone game so it sux.

9. jchampl

LOL Chinatown wars is not a highly regarded game, it was a flop. Titles like Tiger Woods, sims3, and others prove the platform

10. Militia

Jun 16, 2009
    #10 Militia, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
    delete

11. Militia

Jun 16, 2009

If you define highly regarded by high sales your missing out on a lot of good games and that is a shame. You find me 2 sources that are credible that rated Chinatown wars lower than a 8.5 or the equivlent depending on the system they use. I feel bad for u if you only by mainstream games cuz ur missing out.

12. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Yup, GTA: CW was amazing. One of my alltime favs.

13. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Well, if it is esoteric ports you are looking for, check out Guru Meditation. Your friends will be so jealous.

14. jchampl

#14 jchampl, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
    haha yeah I only buy mainstream games :rolleyes: if I was on a comp I would post some reviews that weren't that favorable. However the reviews have nothing to do with the term "flop". A flop is judged by sales just like a movie and just like this game. I don't think anyone will be impressed by a game that very few really know of on the iPhone. A better show off is a port of a game lots of people have played.

15. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    It got very good reviews. Most of them were 8/10 and up. It's just that the Nintendo DS/DS Lite/ DSi is mostly kids and teens who are looking for a casual and family-oriented game-market. Plus Nintendo games too. That's what Nintendo has been sticking with for the past few decades. It's going good for them so far.

16. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    If you don't have GTA CW, wtf is wrong with you. Go get it.

If you don't have a ds, go get one SOLELY for this game.

17. jchampl

Once again a flop is based on sales figures. It was a game that was supposed to make everyone love the ds and want to buy both the game and the device and it didn't succeed in doing that.

18. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Yeah, sadly it completely failed... 90,000 sales in the first month X.X

Too many stupid kids own ds's I guess=(

19. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    GTA:CW -- That game is completely sold out where I am.

20. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    I never disagreed with you. I only gave reasons as to why that happened and also that major reviewers (such as IGN) loved it.