Sorry to burst your bubble, square, ballon, testic.............................

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

As I was looking through the new games released on iTunes this morning for the first time in my life I actually new what "Morning Sickness" ( a trait usually reserved to women) felt like. How many more of these "make a group of three and burst what ever they are" puzzles are needed before someone wakes up and realizes this category doesn't need any more "new" entries. Is it just me or are 90% of the games on iTunes some form of "Knock Offs" recycled to death.

Still sick to my stomach!

Jeff

2. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Which new games were released this morning in that genre?

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I have no problem AS LONG AS they add something interesting. I agree there is nothing more annoying than some Bejeweled clone using lame clip art and not offering anything new.

Sure it's just a cheap Bejweled clone but we're using KITTENS instead of gems! :rolleyes:

4. atommo

atommo Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Developer
    Well, there goes my next great idea.
    Kittens.... GEK YOU RUINED T!
    :p

5. Syndicated Puzzles

The first page (games) category "Puzzle" on iTunes Canada has four such puzzles. Most other pages have an even higher ratio of po(o)p to your hearts content ratio.

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    There is also a spectrum of mindless to deep strategy. My wife likes mindless, and is hooked on Bejeweled Classic. Way too mindless for me...to play it, I need to try and prove infinite play is possible. Then I get bored and rush and eventually lose.

I like some strategy, but trism just leaves me scratching my head.

Havent found the right mix myself yet.

7. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Ignore them and move on?
    I don't care much for match 3, hidden items and time management games but no one is forcing me to buy them

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Like Kitty Time (shown in the first few seconds of this commercial)?

9. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I'm not sure about Kitty Time, but Vending Machine Champ OWNS!

10. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    I would say it is much closer to 1% or 2% of the games, 90% is a tad excessive, seriously don't be so ridiculous!

11. Syndicated Puzzles

You are telling me that 98% of apps published on iTunes right now are creative and new?
    What iTunes store are you signed up with? I might have to switch since the Canadian store doesn't have that type of creativity ratio. For example the game with 16 squares one number missing and you try to reorder the numbers by moving the tiles probably has over 100 versions, I gave up counting at 50. Anyways....

12. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    you're right there is a lot of copying going on. It's pretty stupid but there's no rule against it unfortunately. This is why the app store is getting flooded with games. Only about 60-70% are original.

13. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, i haven't looked through most of the store...
    I never have to this site tells me everything I need to get, so I don't see all the rubbish!

14. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I see what you mean, but Match 3D Flick Puzzle just came out and this was an excellent entry to the whole match 3 field.

I don't mind new entries coming in as long as they are fresh like this particular one, ignore the crap and just buy the good stuff.

While I wish there was less trash and more gems I don't want match 3 games gone all together or else I'd miss on great games like Match 3D.