Tetris is it worth buying now..

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by stevemya, Nov 28, 2008.

1. stevemya

stevemya Member

Oct 31, 2008
    How is the gameplay. The reviews are not that great.

Thanks.

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Got it with doscount

If you like tetris this a great version , it just has a huge major draw back, you cant listen to your own music, you can tirn off the sound of the game but your music will still fade away.

3. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    I bought it when it was $9.99 and it was worth it then and its worth it now :)

4. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    tetris is awesome, its not just a normal tetris is has multi touch on the dropped shapes to change the shapes in another game mode

It has marathon mode and magic mode
    in magic mode you get new special abilities as you go
    I forgot the different ones, I played and the first ability is called pinch
    you can pinch the shapes and change the size, I pinched it and it changed to a single block, not sure if it does that to all of em.

I got the second ability and its called bubble wrap
    Bubble Wrap - turns all the locked-down blocks in the matrix into bubble wrap. Pop bubbles to make space, set up a move or just to let off steam.

there is a tutorial for each ability you get showing you how to do it

If you love tetris then I see no reason not to get it, it won't be disappointing.

I read the reviews and people post the stupidest reasons. all bad reviews say it crashes alot and music. Mine doesn't crash and I don't mind the music, every other review are people who love the game.

I don't even read reviews on the app store anymore they are pointless.

5. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

It's awesome, with the expected top-level quality polish and production.
    The Magic mode is a great addition to the normal marathon mode.
    The only thing missing is the original Gameboy music. :confused::mad:

6. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    YES!!!!

Boy I was so disappointed when I heard the original music, then to hear some newer version. It'd be great as some sort of option

Hell, bring back the pea soup background and black pixels. Give me original game boy mode as an option, that would be SWEET

But overall, this version of Tetris is fantastic, and way way way way better than Tris

7. Can you tap on a shape to rotate?

8. CloneWars

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    I heard somewhere that they were in some legal trouble with the original music or something like that, itd be much better with the original soundtrack;)

9. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    slide w/ your finger to put it where you want it to be, and tap once to rotate yes

10. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Tap to the left of it to rotate it counter clockwise, tap to the right to rotate clockwise. Slide your finger horizontally to position it, and slide your finger down to make to go down faster, or simply flick it to just throw down the piece. It's really really nice to control. I'd rather play it on the iPod than anything else I have ever played.

Yeah, most likely some legal troubles with Nintendo, who originally "won" rights over Atari to distribute the game back in the 80s.

11. CloneWars

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Yeaa, to think of all the time i wasted when i was a kid...

12. Ok I did buy it and I'm like...hmmm ok well $6. Really think max they should charge is $5 for this or add a ton of more content. And yes all those 1 star reviews they rightfully complain not being able to listen to one's own music even after turning off music within the game. That definitely should be updated. Come on Montreal EA get with the program.

13. Themagictouch

Themagictouch Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
  14. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    is it true there are only 15 levels?

15. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    And this is why I no longer play it. Tetris isn't suppose to end! :mad: Once you get 150 lines, it stops. Game over. I have no reason to replay it.