3 New Gameloft upcoming games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Alienmario, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    #1 Alienmario, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
    Update: There are news about some of these games on slidetoplay.com

here they are

* Zombie Infection 2 ( Java, iPhone and maybe iPad )

* Splinter Cell: Conviction (iPhone , maybe Java and iPad)
    * Ferrari GT Evolution 2 ( Java, iPhone, iPad )
    * Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands ( Java, iPhone and maybe iPad )
    * Resident Evil Uprising ( Java )
    * Ironman 2 ( Java )
    * Shrek Forever After ( Java )
    *Java versions are cellphone mobile games

They say that they saw screens of PoP and that it looks awesome (when they say that i guess it is 3D :))

Source mobilgamer.cz

2. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    Why not stop with the racing games Gameloft?! Do some rhythm games or RPGs goddamnit >_>

3. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #3 h0130j03, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
    Zombie Infection 2, Resident Evil, and PoP interest me

EDIT: Nevermind, Resident Evil is Java

4. Bengalfan123

Bengalfan123 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    i seriously want gameloft to take dungeon hunter and make it bigger. its such a great game but its not full yet. maybe they could make a new rpg or make dungeon hunter 2 and add some more things to it. maybe more classes and skills. more replay value and more quests. I seriously think gameloft could make one of the best rpgs for the appstore if they try. Their my second fav dev/publisher behind GAMEVIL

5. h0130j03

Jun 28, 2009
    i want a JRPG

6. Joshn

Joshn Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    England
    Realy? I think RPG's need soul to be good (which gameloft lack). Personaly I think dungeon hunter is probably the worst RPG I have ever played. I am in no way biased against gameloft and own many of their games.

7. Bengalfan123

Bengalfan123 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    well, i loved how dungeon hunter was with lots of drops and suh. but it did lack a lot of stuff. what i what to see in a rpg is job promotion. it makes you want to play more so that your character can promote to a new class. Theres always something missing in the rpgs in the appstore. But if gameloft took some time to make a fully featured rpg i think they could make a huge game. but maye not. But i want to see some more rpgs i the store

8. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    interested in Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands(iphone) (A LOT) :):):):D:D
    lets hope full 3d come on ubi make my dream come true

9. h0130j03

Jun 28, 2009
    gameloft is making, so it's most likely full 3d

10. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Zombie Infection must be true it's a cool TPS game

but prince of persia is creating by ubisoft yes??????? ummmmm

11. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    no AC2 was from ubisoft and many others new ones so i bet ubisoft has stop using gameloft but still ubisoft pwns too :D

12. loewenherz

loewenherz Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    well... there's been BIA2 and Rayman 2 (both by gameloft) after AC2, and Splinter Cell: Conviction has been announced and the iphone version is being produced by gameloft...

besides, if you see the article posted on the first page, it says that POP is an upcoming title from gameloft... so yeah, I don't think ubisoft has stopped using them

13. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Why couldn't Resident Evil be on the iPod list?! Oh well, hopefully PoP doesn't disappoint.

14. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    zombie infection2, maybe gameloft is finally making a left for dead clone

15. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Ferrari GT was good for an early iphone game, had some iffy drifting problems but it was playable, just about.

I hope they are using the GT Racing engine for the sequel and not the one they used for Asphalt 5...

16. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Don't worry about it. Based on other Java Resident Evil games for regular J2ME phones, it's not that great. Usually 2d isometric stuff. Not as fun as the iPhone version of Degeneration or RE4, so just stick with those for now. But right now, I'd kill for a game like the old Resident Evil games. I just wasted my entire weekend playing Code Veronica X and only got halfway done or so. Yeah, we need a game like that.

That's what I'm hoping for... Hopefully it'll be better than the java version, like Gangstar's iPhone version was to the other versions. Speaking of which, didn't they mention something of a Gangstar 2?

17. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    or they should update NFL 2010 with online multiplayer like they promised back in 2009

18. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    #18 Somerandomdude, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
    Ok, just checked out the first Zombie Infection game, and here's a quick gameplay video I found

So it won't be a L4D clone unless they change the game drastically. But if they do make an improved iDevice version of the game the way it is... it'd be insane.

EDIT: As for the Gangstar 2 thing, it's already out on mobile devices. Let's just hope for an iPhone version that's better than the original game.

19. Remmykins

Remmykins Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    They most likely will. An example of this is the Brothers in Arms java version:

20. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Awesome... I just hope they follow through on Gangstar 2 and make it even half as fun as GTA. The first one was fun, but after playing GTA, it's definetly lacking in several areas. I just hope that the second is much better. And as for Zombie Infection 2, let's just hope it hits the AppStore as a RE-style game with 3D graphics. GL can pull it off.

And for reference, here's a comparison of the mobile version of Gangstar with the iPhone version:

iPhone, known as Gangstar: West Coast Hustle

Let's just hope they keep the pattern.