Microtrip – A soft-body physics arcade game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by birslip, Feb 26, 2014.

1. birslip

birslip Active Member

Nov 21, 2011
    #1 birslip, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    Hi everyone,

Madpxl and I have been working quite hard on a soft-body physics game for iOS. We've just launched the website today so we thought it would be a good occasion to let you know what we've been working on. Even if the game is going to be released soon we're really looking for feedback. So let us know what you think!

To describe the game quickly it is a nice looking physics arcade game. Think Fall Down with a twist of Locoroco or Gish. The goal is simple: go as far as possible. Take advantage of the physics, dodge the monsters, take the bonuses. It is that simple. We think there is everything we need for a good and challenging game!

The trailer:

Here are the mandatory screenshots :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Offical website: http://microtrip-game.com/

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This looks pretty neat!

3. Philipp_S

Philipp_S Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    game developer
    I agree! Nice colors and dynamics. FWIW, Vine strikes me as an odd choice to deliver in-game video, especially since the game looks pretty well-polished.

4. birslip

birslip Active Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Thanks! I kind of agree with you regarding the Vine video. We're not experts in video editing so that's why there isn't any youtube video yet... We've got a few days before the release so I guess we'll try to put a nice video together :)

5. birslip

birslip Active Member

Nov 21, 2011
    #5 birslip, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    You can now watch the official trailer. Hope you like it! :)

6. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Nice trailer, I'm getting this when it's out :) any info on the release and price?

7. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Will this be universal build?
    I saw this on indiedb, it said if the game will out on March 10, how much this will be?
    Also, is this endless or level based?

8. smugbit

smugbit Member

Feb 29, 2012
    You spelled medicine wrong in the trailer.

9. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Looks funny, will buy when it hits, hope it has the Full Game Center treatment.

10. birslip

birslip Active Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Thanks everyone for the nice feedback. We plan to release the game at the end of next week, the 10th of March if everything goes well.

The game is going to be priced 0.99$ at launch. And good news: the game doesn't have any in-app purchase! :)

We have integrated a leaderboard with the Game Center which is quite logical for a scoring game. Hopefully achievements may arrive in a next update.

smugbit: thanks for spotting the typo, we've just fixed it!

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Oh wow, I'm sold. The video looks great, seems interesting, like the graphics, the concept, NO IAP, NO pay-to-win leaderboards (really tired of gems and revives in general). This is a welcome change. Thank you, really looking forward to your game.