[NCsoft] Gem Keeper - Oct 13, 2011.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MoonyC, Oct 7, 2011.

1. MoonyC

MoonyC Active Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Seoul, South Korea
    Hi guys,

Our newest mobile game, Gem Keeper, JUST got approved on the App Store, and goes live October 13, 2011! The folks over here at NCsoft and I wanted to say hi to everybody on the forums, and give you guys a sneak peak at the game first hand.

[​IMG]

Oh, did I mention the fact that PROMO CODES are involved?
    Reply to this thread, *show us your excitement* and five random applicants (the more enthusiastic the more likely!) will receive promo codes to enter the world of Gem Keeper.

Gem Keeper™ challenges players to strategically place various towers and protect Gems, the source of great power, safely from the hands of gem-crazed monsters. Using a unique tower sliding system, players can move towers up and down rails to increase range and control attacks. But beware; this is not your typical place-and-observe tower defense game. Once the monsters can get your precious Gems, they evolve into boss monsters, gaining full strength along with the power to put towers to sleep as they run away. Place, upgrade, and slide towers wisely, and dare to achieve the Perfect Clear.

With 14 unique towers, 30 thrill-powered stages, and breathtaking graphics, this pick-up-and-play title will test your gamer skills to the max. Be the first to get hold of this next big hit, and see if you can become the one and only legendary Gem Keeper.

Features
    - 3 gorgeously crafted themes, 30 individual levels (x3 if you count the difficult settings)
    - 14 unique defense towers
    - 22 different enemies
    - Special Bombs to help get beyond those impossible levels

Device Requirements
    - iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
    - Requires iOS 4.0 and up

Gem Keeper™ Website: www.wemogames.net
    Gem Keeper™ Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/gemkeeper
    Gem Keeper™ Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/GemKeeper_TD

And here are some screens for you to get excited about! We're working on a gameplay trailer as well- should have that ready for you guys early next week!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

=====================================

ABOUT NCsoft
    NCsoft is a leading developer and publisher of online games, headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. Today, NCsoft is home to numerous industry-leading franchises, including City of Heroes, Guild Wars, Aion, and Lineage. NCsoft also publishes casual browser based games, along with games for smartphones. With offices in China, Taiwan, Japan, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States, NCsoft games entertain and delight players around the world.

=====================================

We're genuinely excited to launch this title, and would love to talk more with you guys! Let us know what you think here, on Twitter, and on our Facebook Page- The more talk the better :)

2. Lucky Slippers

Sep 27, 2011
    Wow!! This looks amazing for a tower defence game! I'm not really one for TD games but the picture displayed make this app different from the rest! I can't wait to try it out and I'll be sure to have a chat on twitter @myluckyslippers!
    See ya around!

3. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I have to say, from the screenshots, the game does look really nice. And I'm always up for a good tower defense game. I know it's less than a week until release, but might we get to see a gameplay video before then?

4. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    I love TD Genre and this game looks so AWEsome!! My eyes are burning with so much awesomeness and I am almost going to explode of too much eXcitement to play this EYE POPPING colorful game. :D

5. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    The graphics are just what an iOS game needs to look like :)

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    this. Really look amazing indeed, but I wonder will it be different by terms of gameplay?

7. JavaCoffee

JavaCoffee New Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Sliding tower system looks interesting

Will it be nice?

8. MoonyC

MoonyC Active Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Seoul, South Korea
    Cross dem fingers!

Hopefully we should have a trailer ready for you guys before the game comes out! We're trying to feature as many details as we can- (there is simply too much awesomeness to capture) but when it's ready, you guys will be the first to know!

9. MoonyC

MoonyC Active Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Seoul, South Korea
    YES it'll be different.

That's what we're aiming for!

We've tried to keep the essence of what a tower defense game should be like - keeping that satisfaction of lining up your towers perfectly and watching your enemies explode without even having a chance to reach their goal - while adding some extra challenges.

For instance, we've added a rail system to keep your hands busy - towers placed on rail pods will have increased target range as you can slide them up and down, but at the same time, there are a limited number of pods, so you'll need to choose wisely. You can always place extra towers on the ground for support.

Another thing that we've played around with are the enemies. They're a lot smarter than the enemies in previous TD games - you might not notice in the beginning stages, but you'll definitely notice once they start reaching for your precious gems. But I'm not going to get ahead of myself and spoil the fun for you guys.:)

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #10 Vovin, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

:eek: omg, omg, OMG!, THIS looks FAN-TAS-TIC! I AM SUCH a S.U.C.K.E.R. for NICE TOWER DEFENSE games, and again, THIS one SEEMS TO BE FANTASTIC (!!!)
    I LOVE the RICH, COLORFUL and DETAILED screenshots and I BET that the ANIMATIONS are even BETTER!
    This looks like it is in the same league with Sentinel III - or maybe it's even a lot more fun!
    Everything seems to fit, the design is just MARVELOUS... I've just fallen in love. :)

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #11 LOLavi, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    Yeah you got me very excited :) I'd love to have a promo. :D

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Oh my, at least TRY to look excited. :rolleyes: ;)
    I tried my very best, including jumping up and down.

13. Spank-a-phone

Spank-a-phone Active Member

Sep 1, 2011
  14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #14 Vovin, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

Uhm... not that I'm not appreciating your opinion, but the style alone as well as the towers look completely different.
    Many TD look like each other, just sayin'...

It's always the same... a TD shows up and at the same moment someone pops up with copycat complaints.

15. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    You tugged at every single one of my game soft spots.

TD - biggest folder on my iPod Touch and still some on my iPhone; biggest genre I own.

Constant action? Phew, man do I hate watching a game play itself! So that line right there got me good!

Variety of towers? Oh my - the choices and strategy that I see in my future! What towers will be best used to beat what level?

Different worlds in Adventure Mode? A progression, not just "there you go, there are your levels now beat them" kind of game? How awesome is that?

Perfect Clear? Are you kidding me? I stay stuck at levels of games that have that! I could be there until I was blue in the face trying like heck to attain that ranking!

And as if that isn't enough - an endless mode.

Holey baloney - would it help if I stood on my head spinning wooden nickels to convince you of my excitement for this unbelievably incredible looking game?

16. juan13

juan13 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Totally agree!

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I like the idea of that sliding system, can't wait to see video.

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well I don't wanna spam... I'm very much excited, but I don' think I have to make a huge post saying omg omg omg when it's obvious that the game looks awesome and you'd be a fool to not like this. Just sayin. :)

19. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Love the graphics...definitely stands out!! Can't wait to see some gameplay video.

20. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    as the others have mentioned this really looks very nice indeed!