★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

01-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Got Ultima now yay I can move on
01-12-2018, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by korossyl View Post
It's hard for me to separate the actual gameplay of Vi from the glow of nostalgia. But I love that scene where you get Ramuh. Poignant and powerful.

Gau is one of my all-time favorite characters, both storywise and gameplay-wise. Rage is amazing; make sure to use Stray Cat! And late in the game: Rafflesia. But that's all I'll say about that, without spoilers.

But, yeah: my end-game party always consisted of Edgar, Cyan, Mog, and Gau.

What a phenomenal game.
When I head for Kefka’s tower one of the teams is Mog, Gau, Umaro, and Gogo. That exact team tends to be my opener against Kefka too. It’s a testament to how crazy VI is that the team not only works but can advance fairly far in against Kefka if not outright win. That team features three really powerful tanks (Gau, Mog, and Umaro can easily hit sky high defensive stats) with Gogo being surprisingly capable of rounding out the team.

01-13-2018, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Traveler View Post
When I head for Kefkaís tower one of the teams is Mog, Gau, Umaro, and Gogo. That exact team tends to be my opener against Kefka too. Itís a testament to how crazy VI is that the team not only works but can advance fairly far in against Kefka if not outright win. That team features three really powerful tanks (Gau, Mog, and Umaro can easily hit sky high defensive stats) with Gogo being surprisingly capable of rounding out the team.
I love all the character choices
I got Relm yesterday and Iím enjoying her character very different I hope she hangs around a while Iím investing a lot of time in making sure she has every ability possible
01-13-2018, 03:16 PM
Over the 24 hour mark on FFVI and still havenít went to the floating continent taking my time ha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56603689-D0DA-40F3-BABD-141F4297C412.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	118865  
01-13-2018, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
I love all the character choices
I got Relm yesterday and I’m enjoying her character very different I hope she hangs around a while I’m investing a lot of time in making sure she has every ability possible
I always use Realm with Strago. Once she can actually control monsters her ability lets her help the old man round out his ability. Plus, they make a good one two wizard punch. They usually end up on a team with Shadow (Interceptor works for Realm too iirc). Toss a tanky guy in as number four and they’re a good assault team.

I don’t know if I’ve said this about VI but one of the things I love is that even with 14 characters I tend not ignore them all. The game really encourages you to build squads, especially in the World Of Ruin. Playing your four favorites just won’t cut it for the entire game even with the fact every hero can learn every magic spell.
01-14-2018, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Traveler View Post
I always use Realm with Strago. Once she can actually control monsters her ability lets her help the old man round out his ability. Plus, they make a good one two wizard punch. They usually end up on a team with Shadow (Interceptor works for Realm too iirc). Toss a tanky guy in as number four and theyíre a good assault team.

I donít know if Iíve said this about VI but one of the things I love is that even with 14 characters I tend not ignore them all. The game really encourages you to build squads, especially in the World Of Ruin. Playing your four favorites just wonít cut it for the entire game even with the fact every hero can learn every magic spell.
I got all of Stragos abilities and Gau so now I am past the floating continent and at the world of ruin
01-15-2018, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
I got all of Stragos abilities and Gau so now I am past the floating continent and at the world of ruin
Good job!

I finished Chapter 3 last night in DQIV. On to Chapter IV.
01-16-2018, 03:17 PM
Final fantasy XV releases on PC Feb 1 could that be the same day the mobile version releases or close to it? Havenít heard anything new on its release
01-16-2018, 09:46 PM
If not at the beginning of February (which would be exciting for me since I have my birthday off, Feb 2), then I bet it’ll be around March 6, when the Royal Edition is released. Or later that month when the second volume of the soundtrack is released. And to think I got the game last year on my birthday. So much FFXV! Glad I got a couple XV pieces on my sleeve this year.

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPhone X Space Gray 256 GB
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB
01-17-2018, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
If not at the beginning of February (which would be exciting for me since I have my birthday off, Feb 2), then I bet itíll be around March 6, when the Royal Edition is released. Or later that month when the second volume of the soundtrack is released. And to think I got the game last year on my birthday. So much FFXV! Glad I got a couple XV pieces on my sleeve this year.
I want a Cactuar tattoo that would be sweet