Now THIS is how you market an app!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by BravadoWaffle, Nov 14, 2012.

1. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
  2. MarkFromBitmenStudios

MarkFromBitmenStudios Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2011
    IT Architecture, Development Project Manager
    Austria, Europe
  3. Rainier

Rainier Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Hi Mark, yes, you're correct. I posted in the Upcoming thread about how Supercool Creative put together the marketing video with the live actors. They've been great, and, you know, super cool and creative. :)

I wanted to make sure people had a way of finding out about their talent so I added them in the information fields on the YouTube page in case people were curious.

@BravadoWaffle, thank you! I actually have about 4-5 more videos already produced, waiting for the right time to release it. Since the app is all about acting, I got the domain actingout.tv, which will redirect to our YouTube channel and will display what will hopefully be a regular stream of Acting Out related content.

4. obscenemedia.com

obscenemedia.com Active Member

Hey Rainier,

These definitely look super cool. I checked out their website but I didn't see any pricing info. Would you mind sharing the costs or PMing me?

5. Rainier

Apr 16, 2012
    Hi Jared, thanks! I sent you a PM.

6. pat3ck

pat3ck Active Member

Nice way to market an app, however, you need to have a moderate advertising budget to generate this kind of marketing. It looked great and the price may be worth it in the end.

7. jlauener

jlauener Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Are you going to show videos made by the players (with their agreement of course) ? Something like "best video of the week" ? That would be cool :)

8. Rainier

Apr 16, 2012
    Thanks pat3ck, that's what I'm hoping for too. It certainly makes it easier to approach potential reviewers with a polished video.

jlauener, yes! We're planning on giving out prizes for some of the best words being acted out and submitted by our users. Some things we've considered are trophies, in-game currency, and those ClearShot credit card sized iphone stands.