Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #21 Rip73, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    The only time the CPU didnt change on the iPhone was from the original to 3G. They share the ARM 1176JZ.
    3GS has ARM cortex A8.
    iPhone 4 has the A4.
    4S has the A5.
    I'll grant you the clock speed of 4 and 4S is the same but one is single core and other is dual core.
    So chip upgrade is every year (bar the first), not every other year. It does sometimes get confusing between iPads and iPhones but the iPhone generally leads the way and the iPad follows.
    The odds, going on previous record and that the iPhone 5 (and the invite makes it clear that is what it will be called) will be the flagship device, is that we will see a major chip upgrade, in all likelihood to full quad core.
    And most likely based on, or at least using the same manufacturing techniques as, the 32nm A5 chip in the upgrade that was done to the iPad 2 when the iPad 3 was launched. It is a much smaller chip after all.

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #22 Rip73, Sep 5, 2012
    MC3 is currently just finished its third 99c sale.
    March, June and last weekend.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'm guessing a moderate increase in clock speed, but I'm honestly not to sure what the benefits of going full out quad core are. As I understand it, to actually reap any real benefits from the hardware the software has to be fully optimized for it. That would be an entire reworking of iOS. Could they do it? Yes, of course. Is it contained in iOS 6? I don't really know. All I know is that the leap in performance from the 3G-3GS was huge, the 3GS-4 little to none or even a downgrade (due to retina) and the 4-4s massive. Likewise, iPad 1-2 massive change in performance, 2-3 little change because of retina. Again this is all complete speculation.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #24 Rip73, Sep 5, 2012
    Look, it doesn't really matter as its off topic anyway. But based on past patterns, it's more of an educated guess than speculation. And bear in mind that, again on past record, the chip in the iPhone 5 is going to be the precursor or variation of what goes to the next iPad. That is the pattern Apple follows very closely. And it's one that works.
    Market forces dictate that a big jump in performance is required to simply keep up with the competition. At this stage it's marketing as much as performance. And from my use of ios 6, it most certainly would benefit greatly from a quad core CPU.
    It doesn't matter. Next week will make it clear.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yeah off topic sorry bout that.

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #26 Rip73, Sep 5, 2012
    Not to worry. As keen to get hands on the 5 as much as getting some screen shots of MC4.
    I'm gonna guess it'll come out around December which means along with RR3, Forgotten Memories and a few others, that it's gonna be an expensive Christmas. I think I've around ten premium games coming around then that I simply have to instabuy so it's time to start lodging in some credit to iTunes. And probably an iPad mini as well to go with the iPhone 5. Possibly a 13 inch retina MacBook pro. Crap, the next few months are gonna be expensive.

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

If Gameloft would make it an iPhone 5/iPad Mini exlusive Title Apple wouldn`t be able to fill in the demand for the rest of the next six Months.

8. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    right, because people will buy the new iphone/ipad mini just for a gameloft game...

9. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    How do you know RR3 is out in December? I was thinking more along the lines of late October/early November.

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Told you it was coming! So guys, are you ready to be excited for a game that is gonna freaking rock but will be ruined by 10-year-old boys who can't play and then need hacks to play it... I know I am! :D And then the lag! Man can't wait for playing against iPad 3 players who don't lag at all! I hope there's settings for graphics to make smoother

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #31 Rip73, Sep 5, 2012
    Well, Real Racing 2 was December.
    NFS Most Wanted console is October. So mobile will be around same time, late October, early November.
    There's no way Firemonkeys/EA will launch their two biggest titles of the year at the same time.
    RR3 is quoted as 2012, not fall 2012, which implies very late in the year in developer speak.
    There's loads of little indicators.

I also think this will be December going by Gamelofts previous record and we've no screenshots or info at all about it, just that it is coming this year. And as its September now, December seems reasonable.

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah I doubt we'll get the usual MC October list. November-December timeframe.

13. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    I like MC series but my favorite is gangstar. Here's to hoping hey will announce gangstar 4 next month (like they announced it a month after mc3 last year)

14. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Well obviously mc3 is more complex, but some of the maps on dead trigger are similar sized to the mc3 online maps, and I think the graphics on dead trigger are in another league to mc3s, like next gen haha so it kinda balances out

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Gameplay and graphics are two separate beasts.

16. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Can't wait to see how much memory it takes up this time. So many suggestions about the game . They must've had to fit in some of them. Oh well ... We'll see soon.

17. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I am hoping it will be unreal engine.

18. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    *Sigh* Yet another game I won't be able to play. Gameloft! Y U NO SUPPORT IPOD 4G!

19. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Because it's almost three years old and totally obsolete?

20. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    The graphics in DT are phenomenal but the gameplay is so shallow and restrictive that it really doesn't balance out with what a game like MC3 offers and , anyway, i think that MC4 will have great graphics too .