The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    The controls in Street Fighter have a huge learning curve, but once you get them down you can pull off some amazing shit. I've been playing since May and I'm still learning new tricks.

Has anyone played Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet yet? Or From Dust? I was thinking about buying both.

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I've got the Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet demo queued up. It looks from videos like it will totally be my cup of tea, but we shall see.

3. Capsizing Heart

Capsizing Heart Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Student.
    Transient.
    I dunno if I like Shadow Complex or not, the sidescrolling aspect makes it feel really clunky.

4. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

You seem to dislike games for some of the stuff that makes them unique and good. It's a bit odd.

5. Capsizing Heart

Jul 21, 2011
    Student.
    Transient.
    What else have I disliked for stuff that makes them unique and 'good'? Although it's amusing that you basically said the thing that makes Shadow Complex good is side scrolling... I think it'd have been much better as an FPS or TPS. And although it'd probably be more generic, but I'd also be more likely to spend my money on it. Not because it's generic, lol but because it'd play better.

And I bought Costume Quest and the DLC and it's..okay. The game is really exciting for the first few battles with a new costume, but then the game gets a little repetitive and I also found the pacing a little slow with a lot of missions involving a lot of wandering around the map.

6. AOR

AOR Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Independent game developer
    San Francisco
    Shadow Complex improves greatly on the already legendary Super Metroid and Castlevania SotN games formulas, so if you're saying it's clunky and it'd play better as a FPS... I really don't know what to tell you, dude.

7. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I'm glad we agree on something at least. Costume Quest is awesome.

My friend got From Dust and I watched him play for about an hour, and I just sat there with a dumb look on my face because I had no idea what was happening or what the goal was. I didnt think it was my cup of tea, but as I saw him play more I started to see the appeal. I still probably wont buy it, but you should at least give it a shot.

8. Capsizing Heart

Jul 21, 2011
    Student.
    Transient.
    Maybe it'll piss a lot of people off, but I'm just not all into this worship of old games or this idea that games nowadays are somehow worse. If you truly took the nostalgia goggles off, your whole fantasy of videogames past would fall apart pretty quickly. Shadow Complex is a generic shooter, but the camera is placed on the side, so then everyone loves it. LULWUT.

9. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I dont fall into that category. I've never played Super Metroid and I didnt really like Castlevania, but Shadow Complex is just really fun to me. The whole free roam aspect is great and you can really do whatever you want in the game. For the 15 bucks it costs, I probably spent 20 hours total on the game. Maybe you just dont like that style of gameplay, but for those who do it is an amazing game. Thankfully they have stated that more Shadow Complex will be coming in the future.

10. Capsizing Heart

Jul 21, 2011
    Student.
    Transient.
    Free roam, do whatever you want? I got no sense of that in the demo. Hell the demo felt a real mess since I guess the explanation for the opening scene with the super suit is explained later.

11. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

you just said you hated the narrator in bastion........

12. Capsizing Heart

Jul 21, 2011
    Student.
    Transient.
    LOL! If that makes the game good, that game must really suck.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I am into older style of games, and prefer side-scrolling to first person generally, but I didn't really like the demo of Shadow Complex either. I don't know why, but I found it clunky to play and it didn't do much for me otherwise. On the other hand I'm really enjoying Outland. I enjoyed the demo and I'm loving the full game. I keep thinking about getting Shadow Complex anyway as I know everybody loves it, and I've been told that the demo doesn't do it justice. Seems like, then, that they should put out a different demo for it. If and when it drops to 600 points I'll bite, though.

14. Illegal Danish

Illegal Danish Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    On the beach
    Yeah, I was in pretty much the same boat as you, but I finally decided to buy it because everyone says its amazing, just gotta wait for it to finish downloadin now

15. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I actually didnt like the demo either. I got Shadow Complex when it was on sale and it turned out to be a great choice.

16. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Any opinions on Shadow Planet yet?

17. Capsizing Heart

Jul 21, 2011
    Student.
    Transient.
    Least I wasn't alone in not liking the Shadow Complex demo.

18. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Seems like Fruit Ninja Kinect bombed, I was hoping that it would be awesome. Main complaint seems to be that it's overpriced, 10 dollars compared to the iphone version at 1 dollar.

On another note, anyone else looking forward to the new Deus Ex?

19. Capsizing Heart

Jul 21, 2011
    Student.
    Transient.
    I am! I never played the original but I've been following this one closely anyway and with each new gameplay vid it just looks better and better. Like what Alpha Protocol could have been.

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #3340 crunc, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
    Fruit Ninja Kinect bombed? It's releasing today, how can it be known that it bombed? I'm buying it for sure. Well, after I try the demo, anyway. It looks uber fun and the reviews are quite good so far, at least that I've seen.

EDIT: and on marketplace.xbox.com, Fruit Ninja Kinect is currently pulling a near 5 star rating from 8,749 user ratings. It's still early, of course, but then there's no sign there that it's a bomb.