Universal Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light™ (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I played it for about an hour without any crashes. I really like it so far. It's a very meaty experience, really feels like a full featured game you could see on another platform.

2. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    runs fine on my ipad 2.

3. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    controls in this game sucks at least on iphone, the sticks are too small and more important not dynamically extended so if a finger leaves the stick area than it does not work. performance is also is not really great.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #444 squarezero, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
    The controls are dynamically extended -- I just tried it out. And performance on my iPhone 4 is steady, even with a ton of enemies on screen.

5. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    well, my bad, i mean if you press around the stick it won't work. so yes if you keep your finger constantly on the screen than it works. but if you release it then it's hard to touch it again because of the size. about performance that's funny, deleted and downloaded the game again. and it works nice without any restart, so it's ok.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Yeah, it's a bit small. Once you get used to the position it's hard to miss. I think they didn't make it fully dynamic because of the other buttons on screen.

I just picked this up on OnLive (they had it on a $5 sale). The PC version obviously looks better (the dynamic lighting is very nice, the character animation has more detail, etc.), but I was surprised how well the iOS port holds up.

7. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    Runs fine from my wife's iPad 2 running iOS 4.x; however, it crashes on my iPad 1 running iOS 5 beta 7 whenever there's a movie to play. I was lucky at one point to get through the initial movie on my iPad 1, then the gameplay was fine. When I got to the next movie - the game crashed and I can no longer continue where I was.

That said, it does run fine from my wife's iPad 2. The only problem is getting to use my wife's iPad 2!!!

:cool:

--DotComCTO

8. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    Reason won, so I will skip this right now. The urge to get a nice looking Tomb Raider game for the go was there, but this can wait until more bugfixes and the next price drop. Going to play the PS3 version again instead.

9. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Running fine on ipad2

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm thinking I will just play through the XBLA version again instead of getting this. Definitely will buy it if it ever drops to 99 cents.

11. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Only one user said it crashed, and that was in a beta version of the OS. :)

12. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    I wouldn't really hold my breath for any HD treatment, it took them long enough to even make it playable.

That said I think it looks great on my iPad 1, it's not exactly the shabbiest looking game on the device anyway.

13. Keyeszx

Keyeszx Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Does this game still crash or has it gotten better? I think it's not good enough on PS3 as it doesn't feel like a full game but on ipad it seems like it'd feel just right.

14. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    The game was fine with the last update on iPad 2 and iOS 4.3. But with iOS5, the game doesn't connect to GameCenter.

Too bad... because the game is very, vey fun.

I'm waiting an new update... :rolleyes:

15. RayZZoo

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    I have contacted the support of Square Enix, and they are working on a fix for the issue with iOS5. We have to wait...:rolleyes:

16. DarrylLP

DarrylLP Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Read over the last several pages, it looks like I'm not the only person for whom this game doesn't sync with gamecentre at all? Is this a random bug? Was there ever a fix for this?
    I purchased the app mostly for the multiplayer, but without GC it's impossible.
    Major bummer.

17. RayZZoo

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    You're are not the only one. I have contacted the support to report this issue one month ago... Normally, they are working on an update to fix the Gamecenter.

But don't hesitate to contact them to remember their that we are waiting :D

18. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Obviously he/she wanted to refer to Laura, the woman that Petrarca loved ( Erano i capei d'oro a l'aura sparsi...do you remember?)

19. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    On sale, $0.99

20. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Are there still problems with this game?