Stay (complete overhaul)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Anthropophagy, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Hey TA Forums, long time no see!!

I made a game called Stay back in 2009. It did pretty well; it was covered by TA and featured by Apple in the "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" categories in the App Store. You can check out the current version here. The old TA forum thread is here.

[​IMG]

I made the game before iPads and retina displays. So I made it pixel perfect resolution for the original iPhone... I always wanted to keep it updated, but it would have basically meant redoing all of the art from scratch at a higher resolution. I'm just one dude doing this in my spare time, so it's hard to get motivated about something like that.

I decided a while back to just basically rebuild the whole thing from the ground up and make it resolution independent so scaling and changing things wouldn't be such a big deal. Also, I originally wanted it to look like the game was being played on nice embossed paper; so I'm adding that as well. Here's where I'm at now with the current rebuilding process:

[​IMG]

I'd love to know what people think. I'll try to keep the thread updated. Thanks!