★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Going Rate for Game Art?

04-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by lazypeon View Post
I highly recommend contacting Primal Arts, as Tom has done some amazing work for me: http://primalarts.net/
We recommend Tom as well. He did the art for our upcoming game and he's a pleasure to work with. Plus, his animations are gorgeous and he has experience with 2D platformers.
04-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Nope. That's my problem. I'm self-taught with everything so I have no official qualifications to help towards getting a job, and I also suffer from OCPD which turns me into a crippling perfectionist. Things get shoved into folders and then never looked at again because I know I'll just find flaws. Then it sits there for a while until I delete it for being trash.

I've done a few bits and pieces for friends, but that's about it. One day I'll try building a portfolio again, people keep bugging me about it
Indies don't care about your qualifications, only what you can produce. I have a favorite pixel artist I always work with; I have no idea if he has an art background, nor do I care. All I know is he does kickass pixelwork, is great at communication, and can do it at the right price. Get your work out there!