Squid Kid - Official Release Date Announced

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ianpaget, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianpaget

ianpaget Member

Oct 29, 2010
    #1 ianpaget, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
    Squid Kid official Release date: 10th March 2011
    [​IMG]

Its official! Squid kid is complete and will be available on the app store for its official release on 10th March 2011. :D

What's Squid Kid I hear you cry?? Squid Kid is a new aquatic super hero, who hunts down evil fishy crime lords in an attempt to clean up his town. Squid Kid has the ability to swing gracefully across great distances, use your initiative and plan your swings to avoid danger and throw bombs. Use pipes that shrink you down to fit through small gaps and avoid the baddies! All against the clock! Sounds awesome!

I've managed to get my hands on a few sneak peek images from the independent game developers at iEvilGames!

[​IMG]

How cool does this game look? I can wait to be playing this game. Could this become one of the next best iphone games?

So the date of release for Squid Kid the iPhone game is 10th of March! Get this down in your diaries ready as I've heard from the squids their will be a discount release price for a limited period.

If you want to know more, and to keep up to date with squid kid news, follow iEvilGames on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/iEv...17771388243770 There will be a number of special events leaving up to the launch so its worth joining!

Enjoy,

Ian

2. ianpaget

ianpaget Member

Oct 29, 2010
  3. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
  4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Embedding video...

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    This looks promising; please elaborate on the gameplay mechanics... how is the control system? This isn't clear from the video.

6. ianpaget

ianpaget Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Thanks ;) I'm still getting the hang of the forum!

7. ianpaget

ianpaget Member

Oct 29, 2010
    To control the character 'Squid Kid' you use your finger to grab onto walls or objects. Swing the character with your finger and let go to throw the character in the desired direction. Boost the character by swiping in the direction of your choice.

8. ianpaget

ianpaget Member

Oct 29, 2010
    squid kid iphone game price

I forgot to mention before but Squid Kid will be released at an initial launch price of $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.

9. ianpaget

ianpaget Member

Oct 29, 2010
    #9 ianpaget, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
    Squid kid is out tomorrow... :D

Well guys... its the last night before squid kid is officially let loose on the world.

Here's a sneek peek video of level 1!

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjb2NBDBMOI