What type of games you want to download?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by najmulgony, Mar 22, 2015.

?

What things you are consider before download any Games?

1. Icon, Name, Screenshot

67.9%
  2. Gameplay video

64.3%
  3. Description

50.0%
  4. Review from Toucharcade

71.4%
  5. Friends Recommendation

39.3%
  6. User Rating and Review of app store

46.4%
  7. Free games

3.6%
  8. Free premium

10.7%
  9. Paid Games

32.1%
  10. Paid Games without in app purchase

42.9%
  1. najmulgony

najmulgony Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Game Marketing
    Dhaka
    Hi guys,
    I just want to know what are the things we consider before Download any Games?

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Dang, I didn't know this was multiple choice.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    When on itunes:

First thing i look at is if the title and app icon gets my attention, then i see if it is worth my time starting with the screenshots. If i like what i see, i read the app description. If i like it, i get it, no matter the price, freemium or not.

I rarely do that nowadays though, because i have so many games i dont want to dive without knowing more now. I still do it, but pretty rarely.

Through touch arcade:

Again, i check the thread if the title gets my attention, and if i recognize the publisher, i make decisions from there. There are devs i dont even care checking their apps nowadays. Then, screenshots of course, and if i like em, i read throuh the description. If i really like it, i check the thread for impressions, or ask for some.

If i saw the game in the upcoming thread and really like the look of things there, there's a high chance i'd buy it blindly when it goes live.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    No offence to the dev but Im not keen on free 'android' style games you see on ios.

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    What's that supposed to mean?

6. najmulgony

najmulgony Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Game Marketing
    Dhaka
    it's ok.. you can mention your point here..

7. najmulgony

najmulgony Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Game Marketing
    Dhaka
    every day lots of games are releasing, review sites reviewed some of them, then how could we get info about new releases?

8. najmulgony

najmulgony Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Game Marketing
    Dhaka
    some of grate games are also available on android, then why you ignore android style games?

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've got both iOS and Android. I love premium games and i've got a lot on iOS and use Android mostly for emulation

I just find as theres no 'quality checking' on Android theres a LOT of freebie throwaway games on Android which are really poor. I mean in the android section here i would personally say 99% are just throwaway simple games

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    That's pretty narrow minded. The android section here on TA should be no indication of android games.

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I must see the screenshots and the game trailer...

12. najmulgony

najmulgony Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Game Marketing
    Dhaka
    #12 najmulgony, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    hmm i agree with you, but why this is happens? because of low configured android device !!! or some other reason?

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just think its easier to publish games on Android as nothing gets turned down. Apple seem to check the quality and in the past reject some apps for being poor.

On one side its great having this 'openness' with Android where 'anything goes' (Great for emulation and ports !) but i personally think theres way too many crap free apps on Android

14. najmulgony

najmulgony Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Game Marketing
    Dhaka
    hmm, most of the people do this, but poor screenshots and game trailer may also have a good and unique gameplay. how do you find them?

15. najmulgony

najmulgony Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Game Marketing
    Dhaka
    thanks dear, you makes me clear.. :)

16. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #16 Primoz, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    So...?

It's not like the crappy apps ruin the great games. I'm sure you don't go looking for the average game, rate that and use that rating as the judgement on all games.

Besides, the playstore and android are more "starter developer" friendly as it costs way less to publish and there are no complications with the company. Games get therefore released faster, get updates faster and many times games are beta tested on android long before they get released on the AppStore. Ever thought about how that "lower bar" benefits the mobile games ecosystem as a whole?

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's how some good games become invisible.

18. rajonbuzz

rajonbuzz Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Because of marketing. Now a days it is too difficult for the developers to raise their game without marketing.

19. SaltyRyan

SaltyRyan Active Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    Canada
    This "lower bar" can actually hurt the chances of otherwise excellent games that suffer a lack of attention. This lower bar means that 100s of games can get pumped out day in and day out, a good number of which are low effort clones or reskins. This overwhelms, and can make truly decent games get lost in the shuffle. Thank goodness for sites like this one to at least try to surface the ones worth talking about.

20. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Exactly. And it's not like the AppStore is crap-free either.

I'm just saying that we (iOS gamers) shouldn't hold that low bar against android, but rather celebrate it instead.