LAD - (by Black Chair Games)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, May 28, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#1 Sanuku, May 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  2. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks interesting. Just to clarify though, this is made with GameSalad, so it will not be Universal.

3. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Looks so sad, but awesome as well.

PS: I'm surprised while knowing this is made by GameSalad, maybe Ill have to try this soon.

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Sorry to say that but the Developer, excuse me my Words in this Case, must be an Idiot if he does use Game Salad to Port a Flash Game instead of Unity3D.

When even Adobe itself does work together with the Guys from Unity to make Flash Ports run smoother on iOS/Android Devices why the f*ck would someone choose Game Salad over Unity at any Case if he does have a Flash Game to Port.

Gosh...this is the biggest Mistake I have seen a Developer doing in the last few Months if it`s true.

5. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Looks very intriguing!

Any release date information?

In the next month or two?

And the price. Does not look like a "freebie" app, but not too expensive. Looking forward to release!

6. BlackChairGames

BlackChairGames Well-Known Member

Thanks for your words, I'm hoping you meant sad as an emotion :)

7. BlackChairGames

Hi Sanuku, It's the idiot here ... ;)

1st off this is an original title and is not a flash port at all. If it was coming from a flash version I would agree with your sentiments.

Unity is a great engine but being a 2d game, is not needed. GameSalad have come on leaps and bounds over the last 6 months + and it is now a very powerful tool. As with most things, its the user and not the tool.
    Yes its true there are a wave of terrible games from GameSalad but this is true to any engine, just GameSalad had a free version which the crappy developers would use and that meant gameSalad brandishing all over it.
    GameSalad will have amazing performance soon, currently published games are wrapped in the LUA language but this is being dropped meaning that games will be compiled into native language ... This will give a 10x boost all round on performance.

8. BlackChairGames

Hi Skeletonlord.

Thanks for your kind words. There is no release date as of yet. I would expect maybe around 2 months. The levels are in the last leg, but I am keen to keep adding new elements to the game and going back through adding more polish.

Price hasn't been finalised yet, but I would think around the tier 1 pricing of £0.69.

9. SuperMario

SuperMario New Member

May 28, 2012
    Looks absolutely stunning! I am researching GameSalad recently and I can't imagine what you've done with it! I guess it's really the user, not the engine :p

Best of luck with the launch!

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Dear Sir,

thank you very much! You've just made my day.

Sinc.,
    Vovin

11. BlackChairGames

:) Pleased to hear it

12. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    The fact the character even has the same hairstyle as in Limbo says it all really.

13. BlackChairGames

#13 BlackChairGames, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    LAD is coming a long nicely and anticipate a release in the coming months!

14. BlackChairGames

We are pleased to announce that LAD has now been submitted to Apple for review!

Thoughtful puzzles and striking aesthetics make LAD an atmospheric adventure you must experience.

Immerse yourself and unravel the cryptic story throughout LAD as you uncover the mystery within.

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This looks really good :) I hope GS has been updated with shorter loading times though.

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Reminds me of another game. It had a boy and a girl in it, but pretty much the same puzzle platformer look.

This doed seem good though, so im following this.

17. BlackChairGames

@Exact-Psience Yes the other game you are on about is a flash game and one of the inspirations for LAD (Inspiration - One and One Story). I have spoken and shown Matt (creator of One and One Story) LAD and he was honoured that it was an inspiration and gives LAD his blessings.

Im pleased you like the look of it as well, it should be available very soon!

18. BeatScribe

BeatScribe Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    I started playing Lad this morning. It's truly an epic game that I CANNOT get enough of. I strongly suggest everyone get a copy today. I havent played many games that simply ooze atmosphere like this one. I've actually blown off an hour of work playing it! Something I rarely do. Great job Black Chair! :cool: