Swing Away trailer released!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kasrak, Nov 27, 2011.

1. kasrak

kasrak Active Member

#1 kasrak, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
    UPDATE: First 10 people to reply will get to try the game before it's officially released! :)
    UPDATE DEC 1: 5 early copies left, PM me or post here to get it!

UPDATE DEC 7: Swing Away is now on the App Store! [iTunes Link]

Hello!

My name is Kasra Kyanzadeh and I've just released the trailer for my first iOS game, Swing Away. In Swing Away, you play a monkey that has escaped from the zoo. By swinging from vine to vine, you're trying to make it home to the jungle. Swing Away has a simple one-touch control and 60 tricky missions to beat. Check out the trailer below!

[​IMG]

I'm currently waiting to get approved by Apple, and plan to release on the app store in early December. In the meantime, you can follow its webpage, like it on Facebook, and follow it on Twitter.

I'd love to hear any feedback you guys might have! Thanks :)

2. kasrak

kasrak Active Member

#2 kasrak, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
    First 10 people to reply get to play the game before it's live on the app store! :)

3. XPanzer88X

XPanzer88X Active Member

Oct 11, 2011
  4. Luke Kellett

Luke Kellett Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Indie iPhone Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Looks cute and interesting, I can see kids liking it :)

Is there parts of the levels where you can't walk on the ground and have to swing across?

5. kasrak

kasrak Active Member

#5 kasrak, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
    Thanks! Check your PMs for instructions if you'd like to check out the game early.

Edit: forgot to answer Luke's question. No, you can walk at any point. I decided pretty early on to not have any obstacles or any way for the game to end other than time running out. I think that helps players focus on the actual missions and swinging mechanic.

6. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Looks very good in the trailer!

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Extremely cute - I love but stink at swinging games but would love to give ANY monkey game a try!

8. kasrak

kasrak Active Member

Sent PMs!

9. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    I would like to beta test this!! Wow looks like great fun!!

10. kasrak

kasrak Active Member

If anybody else is interested in trying this out before it's released on December 8th, just PM me your device's UDID. (8 slots left!)

Also, any ideas for cool future levels? Right now there's Zoo, City, Suburbs, Jungle.

Here's how to find your UDID

11. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    If there are any codes left, I would love to try this one... Thanks

12. kasrak

kasrak Active Member

Sure thing, just PM me your UDID (see my last post). (There are no promocodes yet since it's not on the app store, but I can send you a prerelease build of the game if I have your UDID).

13. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
  14. SuperSah

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
  15. SuperSah

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
    Everyone, try this game out. It's AMAZING.

It's so cute, simple yet hard and thoughouly challenging. It's actually so well made, and you should all try it once it hits shores. 10/10.

16. kasrak

kasrak Active Member

Awesome, I'm glad you like it SuperSah!

Hopefully GPS, Lorena, jared9876 will also chime in with their thoughts soon :)

Any more level ideas?

17. Luke Kellett

Jun 7, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Perhaps some sort of water level with the ropes coming out of the clouds? It doesn't have to make complete sense, creative license is a great thing :)

I do think that if you are trying to get home to your family you may have to cross some water too!

18. Luke Kellett

Jun 7, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey Kasrak, so I've had a bit of a play and I must say I really liked it!

Very colorful, great user experience and once you get the hang of it quite easy to play (but still challenging enough for you to keep hitting play again over and over :)

I did however find the timer a bit confusing and annoying as it kept cutting the game short, from what I can gather I need to get time fruit to get more time? I think it would be good if you also got time from good swings.

Overall I think you've got a great game on your hands, I'll be buying it as soon as it's out for sure :)

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =oP

Any chance I'm #10? hehehe...

20. kasrak

kasrak Active Member

There are still 5 early copies left, so just PM me your UDID!

Also, the app will definitely be on the app store on DECEMBER 8th! Ahhh, so excited!

Thanks for your feedback Luke. A water level definitely sounds interesting. I'm thinking of maybe making it an alternate mode of gameplay, where there's no timer and you try to go as far as possible without falling.

I'm really glad you liked the game! I'll see what I can do about the timer :)