Depict: A Drawing Game (call for beta testers)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jamesj3k, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesj3k

jamesj3k Well-Known Member

#1 jamesj3k, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
    NOTICE: The beta is now closed to new applicants. Thanks to everyone who signed up.

What is Depict?
    Depict is a unique drawing game that tests players' ability to solve simple drawing puzzles with strangers and friends.

It's the drawer's job to create something that will get everyone else to guess the right word out of up to six possible words.

Each drawing puzzle consists of up to six words that may be easily mistaken for each other. Sound easy? You only get 1024 jumbo-pixels and 30 seconds to do it.

Comming winter 2009

Call For Beta Testers
    We're looking for beta testers to help us test our server before the launch. If you've participated in a beta or are a senior member here at Touch Arcade, we encourage you to head over to iBetaTest.com and sign up. We can only allow a limited number of testers to participate, so let us know your iBetaTest username and why you're qualified in this thread.

The beta will be starting the week of November 16th.

If you don't already have an iBetaTest account, you'll have to sign up and then apply for our beta.

2. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    #2 d1, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
    Submitted my app ;)

My iBetaTest user is derek420 [shocking eh?]

Anyways, I've participated in various other betas, have a good eye for picking up on things, and I try to be of as much help as possible. If you need help, I'd be more than happy to offer my assistance.

--Yay accepted :) thanks, and thanks for linking me to iBeta..never came across it before. Definitely a cool site though.

3. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I qualify because I have the highest Chuck the Ball score in the world lol :D...and I've beta tested many other apps. And because I like openfeint a lot :p

My username is Zincous over there too.

4. mitrezom

mitrezom Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Rub it in...

:)

5. My iBeta Username is: sony154

Why should i be one of the chosen?
    1. Im probably the only one from Sweden.
    2. I have a passion for games.
    3. I have time to beta test extensively and thoroughly.

6. jamesj3k

I didn't see a request from you. Make sure you apply for the beta on iBetaTest.com by following the link.

7. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    just sent it my name is mattll

8. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    #8 RJ, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
    I signed up for beta testing. MY iBeta username is 2gcasereviews :D

EDIT: Now i just need to get my activation link xD

9. jamesj3k

Just to be clear, you have to register AND apply for our beta in order for us to see your request. Thanks!

10. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    Alright...thanks, but i'm never recieving an email on my aol email...any ideas why? Theres no spam folder on there :(

11. mitrezom

Jan 11, 2009
    Not sure... technically ibetatest is "in beta" itself but so far I've gotten every email I should have. You might have entered it wrong, so if you go into "edit personal profile" you can change it :)

12. otggamer

otggamer Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I tried to sign up for ibetatest and I never get any email with the keycode to validate my account. I tried having it resend multiple times and checked all junk folders no luck...oh well.

13. mitrezom

Jan 11, 2009
    We're hoping to get the first beta out tonight so please sign up at here asap :)

Thanks!

14. appfreak

appfreak Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Geek (Media editor)
    London
    I have been waiting for the ibetatest confirmation email as well

15. mitrezom

Jan 11, 2009
    when you guys say "confirmation email" do you mean the confirmation email/"click here to activate your account" email when you first sign up, or do you mean the "you've been accepted to start beta testing Depict" email?

I know we still have some people to "accept" so that may be what the issue is.

16. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Idk why everyone is having a hard time receiving their confirmation e-mails :confused: I got both the account activation and notification that I'd been accepted e-mails, they just got sent to my spam folder..

17. otggamer

otggamer Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I checked evey folder in my email including spam and NOTHING. I've tried to get it to resend the token multiple times. I even tried signing up with a different email address. I guess I'm just not destined to be a member.

Oh well. :(

18. mitrezom

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah, I just had a buddy try to sign up and have the same no-email issues.

He just signed up with a different username and got the email the second time :)

Not the most elegant solution, but . . .

Sorry for the hassle. We're tying up all the loose ends now and will be posting the app tonight.

Also, when testing we'd highly recommend enabling OpenFeint on launch. It will allow you to play against people in your OF friends list. Think Xbox live type functionality...

We were just talking and had a question for the masses - is this the first OpenF game to use realtime multiplayer with your OF friends? I haven't come across one that does but I could be wrong.

19. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    It will be the first one I have encountered...

And that is saying a lot :p

20. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Thats saying a lot indeed lol :p