★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkus1218 View Post
Hearing about the missed-input bug from a lot of iOS users, and it does seem to happen occasionally on the iPhone I tested on - at first I attributed it to mispositioning my thumb or something, but it seems to be a real problem. I will try to figure out what's causing it!
I had another play session today, on my iPhone 4S and also experienced the missed-input sometimes. I think I'll really love this game once that issue gets sorted!

I'd also like iCade controls

P1XL Games | Twitter | Facebook
Paid: Super Splatform (8-bit platformer) - 4NR (2-bit platformer)
More: P1XL Party (original game collection) - RPG Quest - Minim (8-bit RPG)
Free: Bad Student Driver (Flappy Car?) - Bad Student Driver: Swing Ride (New)
02-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkus1218 View Post
Hearing about the missed-input bug from a lot of iOS users, and it does seem to happen occasionally on the iPhone I tested on - at first I attributed it to mispositioning my thumb or something, but it seems to be a real problem. I will try to figure out what's causing it!
Yeah, I've been having the same problem on my 5s. Overall the touches seem responsive, but I also occasionally hit a point where it seems none of my touches are detected. I swear I'll tap the screen 3-4 times and nothing. Good luck tracking that one down, I hope you can solve it!

02-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin/P1XL View Post
I had another play session today, on my iPhone 4S and also experienced the missed-input sometimes. I think I'll really love this game once that issue gets sorted!

I'd also like iCade controls
I might get it if it had icade controls.
02-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I might get it if it had icade controls.
Sounds like a good idea - I have a friend with an iCade and I'll look into supporting it.
02-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkus1218 View Post
Sounds like a good idea - I have a friend with an iCade and I'll look into supporting it.
Great! I assume you already have keyboard support (WASD or cursor keys) in for your PC/Mac builds, so you should find it really easy to adapt that code for iCade.

Are there any classic 8-bit driving games that inspired DotP? Seriously, the movement really reminds me of Racing Destruction Set.

P1XL Games | Twitter | Facebook
Paid: Super Splatform (8-bit platformer) - 4NR (2-bit platformer)
More: P1XL Party (original game collection) - RPG Quest - Minim (8-bit RPG)
Free: Bad Student Driver (Flappy Car?) - Bad Student Driver: Swing Ride (New)
05-08-2014, 01:15 AM
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 393
I'm disappointed there hasn't been an update yet for the ignored-touch bugs; I really wanted to get into this game but found the controls intermittently non-responsive so I shelved it assuming there would be a fix coming.

P1XL Games | Twitter | Facebook
Paid: Super Splatform (8-bit platformer) - 4NR (2-bit platformer)
More: P1XL Party (original game collection) - RPG Quest - Minim (8-bit RPG)
Free: Bad Student Driver (Flappy Car?) - Bad Student Driver: Swing Ride (New)
07-31-2014, 01:55 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 11
At long last, I just updated Dawn of the Plow. I fixed that annoying touch input bug, but even better, I added a new mode -

ATTACK OF THE SNOWMOBILES
Fend off evil snow-spewing cars before they escape

Basically, instead of avoiding crashes, you HAVE to crash into the snowmobiles to avoid losing.

Here's a new trailer for the update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CgceugOcXU

It's a free update, and the game is half off through August 6th, so if you missed it in January, here's a good chance.

Thanks for the support guys, and sorry it took me so long!

Last edited by Dorkus1218; 07-31-2014 at 04:17 PM.
08-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkus1218 View Post
At long last, I just updated Dawn of the Plow. I fixed that annoying touch input bug, but even better, I added a new mode
Better late than never Grabbing the update now...

P1XL Games | Twitter | Facebook
Paid: Super Splatform (8-bit platformer) - 4NR (2-bit platformer)
More: P1XL Party (original game collection) - RPG Quest - Minim (8-bit RPG)
Free: Bad Student Driver (Flappy Car?) - Bad Student Driver: Swing Ride (New)