Universal Home - a Unique Horror Adventure - (by Benjamin Rivers Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 20, 2013.

1. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I didn't know there was a save option. Is there a pause/menu option? Last time I deleted and reinstalled app...am I missing something - duh?

2. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    It may be an option with the newest version of the app, but whenever I reenter the app, there is an option to start over, or continue.

3. Ploulack

Ploulack Member

Feb 23, 2013
    I'm stuck where you need to close 4 waper pipes. Only 2 really close, pipes 2&4 reopen when I leave room (open when I come back).

Not fun...

4. blades144

blades144 Member

Oct 15, 2009
    #44 blades144, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    Awesome game and very unique experience. I am looking forward to a second play through already.

Benjamin, any chance there would be additional content added in the future? Maybe a tangental storyline?

5. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Spoilers people, please?

6. LestradeTGQ

LestradeTGQ Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Hi GQuiller: the game auto-saves constantly, so there's no need to pause or worry about your progress. If the app has to reset, it'll let you continue from the last room you were in when you start it up again. You can also choose to start over any time you restart the app.

7. LestradeTGQ

LestradeTGQ Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Hi Blades144! There will likely be no more major content updates to the game, since I was gradually adding in extra bits since the Steam launch last summer. I consider the game now "complete"—oh no, now I sound like George Lucas—but to be honest, who knows what crazy idea I'll get next?

CoderKid, have you had any better luck with v1.4.1 of the game on your iPod Touch? I've already submitted a v1.4.2 of the game to fix a few other things, but so far I still can't replicate the crashing issues with my devices here.

8. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    That would fit with the rumour that you plan to change the game so that you pick up a walkie-talkie at the beginning of the story instead of a gun.

9. staredcraft

staredcraft Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I can tell you it still crashes just as bad as before. I still can't get past the instructions part as the game stars

10. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011

11. LestradeTGQ

LestradeTGQ Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Thanks, Staredcaft. May I ask you a few questions to see if I can find some commonalities with other folks who are experiencing this problem?

- are you, as your profile states, running iOS 5.x on your iPod?
    - what size iPod are you using (I.e. 16GB)
    - how much space do you have left on your device?

Thanks!

12. LestradeTGQ

LestradeTGQ Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Hi again, folks. Version 1.4.2 of the game hit last night, which fixes a few last major things, adds sharing features, etc. I've heard some anecdotal evidence of this version of the game running much better on 4th gen iPod Touches; I personally haven't had any crashing since updating the game. Hopefully this will be the case with you too.

Thanks for continuing to chat about this.

13. Dams

Dams Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    One of the most boring game ever. Seriously, what is the buzz around this one...

I won't keep that one long. If the concept is all about what people think about the story, meh.

14. LestradeTGQ

LestradeTGQ Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    It definitely is a certain flavour, Dams; thanks for giving it a try.

I just wanted to state that I've been getting reports that the random crashing that was happening with some iPod Touch users seems to be resolved with version 1.4.2. If anyone here can also confirm, I'd also appreciate it.

Thanks again for your support and continued discussion, folks.

15. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

You just had to come and say that, huh? I'm not saying feedback, constructive at least, isn't welcome. Popping into a thread and announcing it is boring and you don't get why everyone likes it (when, in fact, the majority of people do like it) doesn't help anyone. What were you hoping the result would be making the comment?

16. LestradeTGQ

LestradeTGQ Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Hey folks, just letting you know the game just went on sale for 99¢ USD on the App Store!

Also, if any of you have those comments re: v1.4.2 and your iPod Touch, I would still appreciate it.

Cheers,
    B.

17. Hardocre

Hardocre Active Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Hey Benjamin, your game is awesome, really unique. I think you should make another one where you play as Rachel or Norman. And btw
    is there a way to "watch" the tape? Played three times and no luck :( It always says you haven't repaired the VCR

18. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I grabbed this as well as Limbo. Once I finish limbo I'm thinking I'll dive into Home. I tend to stick with one main game at a time. Thanks for the sale.

19. szodike

szodike New Member

Jun 8, 2013
    I finally understand: it is a problem if someone has a different oppinion than the others. Man, you are very simple.

20. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Did you not even read his comment? "Man, you are very simple"