Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-19-2014, 12:24 AM
Developer

Thanks for the great review, iVaro! Iím glad you liked the game.
- Alan
Old 06-22-2014, 09:54 PM

I just started and while I like it, my biggest problem is that when I get out of the app, when I come back, it restarts. Meaning if I switch to another app or whatever, the game restarts and if I hadn't saved, all my progress is gone.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spader623 View Post
I just started and while I like it, my biggest problem is that when I get out of the app, when I come back, it restarts. Meaning if I switch to another app or whatever, the game restarts and if I hadn't saved, all my progress is gone.
Hi spader623,

Sorry, but I've been unavailable for the last while, so couldn't respond sooner. Iíve seen the issue you describe but very, very rarely.
We tested every conceivable scenario with interrupting and recovering TSS, such as switching apps, manually turning off the device, letting the device auto-turn off, receiving a call, and having the battery die, etc. They were all fine, so we were left to assume it was a memory management issue with Unity.

Just as a double-check, I tested v1.02 of TSS on my iPad Air and iPod5 for a while now and didnít see the problem.

But if youíre seeing this happen all the time, that is troublesome. Can you please answer the following questions:
1) What device are you using?
2) What iOS version are you using?
3) Are you running v1.02 of TSS?
4) Do you have a lot of other apps running in the taskbar? Do you still see the problem if you close all of them and play TSS?
5) Fragmented memory could also cause problems. Whenís the last time you rebooted your device? To reboot it, hold the Power button until you see the "Slide To Power Off" slider. Let go of the Power button, and slide the slider. Wait until it turns off completely, then press the Power button again to turn it back on. Does that help?

Thanks!
- Alan