Universal 10000000 by EightyEight Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jul 26, 2012.

1. LucaRedwood

LucaRedwood Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 14, 2011
    Yup, though I've seen someone complete the game at rank Explorer ( they got the rank bug and just ploughed through anyway )

Yeah, at the moment "Endless Mode" is a bit of a cop out, You can keep playing, but once you've got everything upgraded there isn't much more challenge. Game Center coming up will add a few more achievements that you can do afterwards.

2. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    #442 GR3NADE, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
    I made over 10M at level 8, now I'm level 10 and I'm scoring little over 20M now (looking forward to leaderboards so I can check other great high-scores)

3. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    It would be really awesome if the next update brought some more upgrades and skills. After all, I have nothing to do with all of my XP and gold now! I want to keep playing this game but without a leaderboard or anything and having obtained all of the upgrades it seems like a dead end.

4. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    I've been reading through the last pages of this thread, but I am still confused: if you reach the top rank, having maxed out all the rooms and gear, is it still possible to raise your score?

I finished with around 8,500,000 but I can't seem to get it any higher, even switching potions on. Do I need to start over and try again?

5. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    No you dont need to start over, just need a good and lucky run. Personally I used the shields potion and one of the score potions (not all because it became too tough for me).

Similar to during the game, when some of the objectives seemed near impossible and then you got lucky and had a good cascading match that got you a pass.

6. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Lucky is key... plus great skill of course. :) I was able to get my 10mil with the shield potion on, and all the score potions off. I found I was doing worse with the harder circumstances from the score potions.

7. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    I completed with the shield potion and the extra key to unlock things potion on.

I always have a board full of keys anyway so I thought 'what's the harm?'

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey

Its very random. I can only get above 10 million maybe once in 5 tries. I use only the shield potion. I am not sure how much it helps, but it has no drawbacks so why not?

My high is 14.7 mill with no potions and not even all upgrades. I have tried maybe 20x to beat it with all upgrades and shield potions, but have yet to even break 12 again.

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Got my freedom last night and then got my last upgrades and goals achieved. To get over 10 million I put on all the scoring bonuses. After 3 or 4 tries I made it. My total play time was 4:36 or some such amount. Not sure how much I'll play now that I've done everything - GC leaderboards would certainly give incentive to keep playing, but either way it was well worth the money.

10. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    So I just keep doing more runs, and if I managed to crack 1.5 million in one go, it will add to my score? Because literally no points are adding on at the moment.

11. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    The score displayed in your home area is a "high score", the Dev has stated that he gets several e-mails a day about this and will most likely make some sort of indicator of this in an update.

To get a higher score in the game, it is necessary to do the achievements and gradually level up, as this increases your score multiplier and gets you more abilities to delay moving to the left (death).

Word of warning, the one known bug in the game is when you do finish an achievement or level up, wait a second before hitting the return home button. If you do it too quickly then you won't get anymore achievements and have to delete and reinstall the game (I had to do this).

Hope that helps.

12. TurboRuhland

TurboRuhland Member

Jun 22, 2012
    12 mil!! Awesome game, eagerly awaiting updates. Not that I won't be trying to beat my high score, but this game was so golden that I need more. :)

13. Voley

Voley Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    One of the best games I have played in a long time!

14. Sardaukar

Sardaukar New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    The soundtrack for this game is stuck in my head. Any idea if it's possible to get it somehow?

15. RichardC

RichardC Active Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Ah, so that's the problem I'm having. Anyone know if this bug will be fixed or if I really have to delete and reinstall?

I figured I just needed a higher score to see more objectives, and have maxed out everything. But I am still stuck at Questor level despite a high score pushing 5 million. It will really stink to have to give up all this work and start from scratch.

Thanks

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Thread life!! Was just wondering how/if Gamecenter stuff was coming along.

I still play regularly trying to best my highscore but look forward to having some outside competition to compare to.

Rock on.

17. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Why do we need Gamecenter? Leader Boards er somethin'? I haven't opened the GC app in over 3 months...

18. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    That was the general idea, yes.

19. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Finishing it in 6 hours and 4 minutes. Seemed like it was longer than that. Anyways great game but hoping for more content in the future.

20. BloodFidelity

BloodFidelity Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Cinematographer (Director of Photography, Camera O
    Los Angeles
    Yeah I totally agree. Game Center needs to be integrated.