iPhone The Creeps! HD

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RegularStormy, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Deth4U2

Deth4U2 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    I don't believe there is a way for IAP to move between different programs. If Creeps was universal then you could do this.

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This I know is not true because I have all my purchases from my iphone version and holiday version unlocked on my HD version and all I did was have all three programs on my ipad when I updated this last update.

3. You are both right. Kinda :)

Apple does not allow the same IAP to be shared between multiple apps. So technically, you could purchase level pack #9 4 times (Creeps, Creeps Zero, Creeps HD, and Creeps Holiday Edition). Which would suck, because they are the same levels.

I have used a kind of work around that allows your purchases in one version to unlock those same level packs in another version. But it only works if the two versions are installed on the same device.

SO, if you wanted to buy a level pack (or the All Access Pass) on your iPhone, then later on decided you want to also have them on your copy of The Creeps! HD on your iPad (a different device), then you can do it without paying again. Simply install the iPhone version (the one you made your purchase in) on your iPad. Use the "restore" option on the level select screen (of the iPhone version!) and it will unlock your level packs for ALL versions of The Creeps! that are installed on that device (that means your Creeps! HD just unlocked level packs even though you didn't buy them through The Creeps! HD). This is the best I can do until Apple allows multiple apps to share IAPs.

There is still the matter of your scores though. As it turns out, Apple has a similar restriction for Game Center... multiple apps cannot share a game center score board. I'm hoping to work around this limitation in the next update using iCloud. This could also make sharing level pack purchases easier. I don't know for sure if it will work, but if it does, you'll see it soon!

4. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    This worked, thanks.

And thanks for finally adding levels to the HD version. Now I can happily update my itunes review to 5 stars.

5. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    That worked, thanks. Good luck with iCloud.

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Thanks RegularStormy for getting the HD version up to par with the other versions, good job. :)

7. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I think that it is pretty shit that this is only being mentioned now. I have wasted £3.99 last night to unlock levels in the HD version which I already had in the iPhone version.

8. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    That's a little harsh, don't you think? Its only about 12 hours since the release, its the developer doing you a favor and coming up with a way to work around App store restrictions, its the exact same thing you had to do with the Holiday Edition, and frankly, you have been on the site long enough to know that RegularStormy posts here all the time and you could have asked before re-buying.

9. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    That's a little harsh, don't you think? Its only about 12 hours since the release, its the developer doing you a favor and coming up with a way to work around App store restrictions, its the exact same thing you had to do with the Holiday Edition, and frankly, you have been on the site long enough to know that RegularStormy posts here all the time and you could have asked before re-buying.

And, since you posted this:

on 04-21-2011, you probably should have tried to see if the iPad version worked the same way.

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Oooohhhh.... that hurts!!! If, I ever do, please just give me gentle reminder not to argue with you... :D

11. pavarotti2007

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    #111 pavarotti2007, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
    What is it with people sucking up to developers on this site.

Yes I did post that about the holiday version etc but they were both ipod/iPhone games and it was stated even earlier than when I had posted.
    I just think the dev could have mentioned it when he knew the update was about to hit as he would have known it was possible by then and before it actually hit the store.
    Sorry for not knowing that I had to swap apps around on my devices :rolleyes:

12. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    I don't know. What is it about whiney little nobodies who complain about every little thing and don't seems to have any shred of politeness at all?

The guy just did all of us a favor by making the levels available for free, and all you can do it bitch and moan that you didn't know about it for almost 12 hours.

Pardon me for supporting the helpful developer rather then the guy who is cursing at him.

13. pavarotti2007

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I stated an opinion. I never cursed at the dev I'm not like that. I just think it is a bit shit (as I put it earlier) that he never mentioned it a bit earlier. To be honest I don't see what the problem is that I think that. Just a quick heads up just before it hit just to let people know it was going to be possible if you had the iPhone and iPad versions. Simple. Like you said earlier he posts here a lot.

14. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Perhaps its a translation issue. "A bit shit" sounded like a shot at the developer. Perhaps I misunderstood.

15. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Creeps HD vs. Creeps Holiday Edition

Hi,

I downloaded the $5.99 pack for the Creeps HD - the one with all the levels. Is there any point in still having the Creeps holiday edition on my iPad also? Or is it just redundant?

Thanks!

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I e-mailed regular stormy, but is there a way to restore prior IAP if you don't know what you bought? I don't want to guess, as I will get charged if guess wrong... Thanks if anyone knows...

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Yes, go to the level select screen, there's a button at the right hand side that says 'restore', that will restore any IAP you've bought before.

18. #118 RegularStormy, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
    The Creeps! HD has all the level packs ever made for Creeps! games. So if you got the all access pass, you don't need the Holiday Edition to have the holiday levels.

Yep, HLW was right. Try the "restore" button on the level select screen :)

19. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks for the quick answer, RegularStormy! :)

20. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Bought the unlock everything pack for the iPhone. It unlocked everything for the Creeps hd. Yea. If I delete the iPhone version from mr iPad, does the unlocked content go away? Thanks if anyone knows. The Creeps has been the game I have had for the longest time on all my idevices. Thanks for the last few years Regular Stormy.