QuickOffice MobileFiles Pro - native excel editing

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by odelay, Dec 24, 2008.

1. odelay

odelay Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    http://linktoapp.com/mobilefiles+pro

QuickOffice have just released the Pro version of their MobileFiles app on the AppStore. In addition to the free version's MobileMe idisk access and file viewing, the Pro version also offers local wifi access for uploading/downloading files to/from your computer, and the ability to edit xls spreadsheets. Obviously with it's limitations on a mobile device, it doesn't offer the more advanced excel functionality, but does allow basic editing and formula calculations.

I'm really impressed so far. The scrolling and zooming with spreadsheets is really smooth. And as far as editing is concerned, they've done a fantastic job with no lag when calculating formulas, and enough functionality to make is very useful for real world xls editing. One thing missing from this is landscape editing. You can currently view spreadsheets in landscape, but the editing toolbars are not there unless in portrait mode.

No, I have no affiliation with QuickOffice, but I highly recommend this app for those with excel needs as well as the usual iDisk and wifi file sharing functionality as seen in other similar apps.

For me, all that's missing from the app now is .doc editing and fast-scrolling in large PDFs.

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I'm unsure if the SDK allows for .doc editing functionality. Nobody has added it to this style of thing. I've seen .txt editing, but nothing with .doc. The application Documents, which I highly recommend btw, does .xls and .txt. I like it, and the price has been on steady increase, I think its $4.99. I don't have an iDisk, and it syncs to your Google Docs. I use Air Sharing for just viewing.

3. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    text guru does. it even allows u to make ppt and excel file on the fly.

4. mrsteveman1

mrsteveman1 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Why would the SDK limit which formats you can read and edit?

5. ldenning@mac.com

Dec 18, 2008
    My favorite on the Palm was Documents to Go from Dataviz which allowed editing of Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Their iPhone app is coming soon according to the email they sent me recently.

6. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I hope it comes soon. I am also waiting for Documents to go.