iPhone The Little Mermaid - coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gamecollage, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamecollage

gamecollage Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Game Collage is excited to announce a brand new iPad title coming soon to the App Store - The Little Mermaid and Other Stories by H. C. Andersen.

Experience an interactive adventure that pushes the frontier of what literature can be - children and adults love it!

This magical book brings to life three of Hans Christian Andersen’s timeless classics.

• SWIM through the bottomless ocean with The Little Mermaid
    • TRAVEL to distant kingdoms in Emperor’s New Clothes
    • BEFRIEND a Happy Family celebrating life under a large burdock leaf

Enchant children and adults alike with stories that spill out of their pages. The book features close to 40 ANIMATED or INTERACTIVE elements across 65 beautifully ILLUSTRATED pages.

• SHOOT fireworks from an ancient ship
    • CHASE crawling bugs across a page
    • DREAM among enchanting fireflies
    • LIGHT celebration lanterns

A full physics engine makes the pictures move with how you hold the book! Tastefully orchestrated sounds immerse you even deeper into the magical world. These stories will make you want to read them over and over again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    My son loves the iPad version of Alice in Wonderland, so I will definitely be picking this up.

3. gamecollage

Feb 5, 2010
    #3 gamecollage, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
  4. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    This looks really good - is there a target release date for the book ? What will be the price point ? I'm really impressed with your trailers, and I can't wait to see the app itself. Looks like you did a wonderful job !

Guy

5. gamecollage

Feb 5, 2010
    Thanks for your kind words, @quebecotr!
    The release is scheduled for this Friday, June 25th and the app will retail for $8.99. I'll be posting a new thread under iPad games on Friday morning with some promo codes. You've been warned... :)

6. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    #6 quebecotr, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
    Warning received, and I hope, heeded on Friday ! It's always hard to grab codes unless you're there just at the right time, and since so many people grab codes without bothering to indicate which one they used, you never know which one will still be available.

In any case, I will certainly be on the lookout for it - thanks in advance for being generous and sharing a few codes ! I am really looking forward to checking out your book - seems to me this kind of app might just be one of the best ways to get people to read again. Print ins't dead after all; it's just become interactive !

Good luck on the launch !

Guy

7. gamecollage

Feb 5, 2010
    The Little Mermaid is now live in the App Store! For future updates, please follow this TA thread.