Looking for suggestions for contest guidelines for this forum.

Yesterday, 07:30 AM
Moderator is the answer

I personally feel that any developer who is putting out cash price should go through developer and then only he/she should be allowed to post on TA forum.
As a matter of fact the escrow option sounds best as of now and the developer should put in the moderators account before posting here so that when the winners are announced, they will have the developer too fall back on to.

It's the easiest, efficient and honest way for all the parties involved.
Please let me know how you guys feel.

iKabeer(HotNerd)
Yesterday, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
I think the review contests might be over. I just found out that my iTunes account is indefinitely banned from leaving reviews in the App Store. In typical Apple fashion they didn't share any information on what was my exact infraction. I know this practice was abused but I personally tried to leave honest reviews and many of them were not five stars. I'm pretty annoyed by Apple's heavy handedness however it's not totally unexpected. It does make me consider leaving the Apple ecosystem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidra View Post
I suspect that something similar might have happened to me. How exactly did you find out about this? Did you write to their customer support?
Sorry but i'm glad. People leaving constant fake 4 or 5 star reviews on the app store just to enter competitions ruins it for everyone. Now when i look at itunes reviews i dont believe half of them as they appear to be fake.

Its not helping anyone, its not helping the dev improve their game as they read constant 'this games great !' as someone tries to win $2 in a competition and it ruins the app store.

I'm glad Apple might be doing something and banning users who they seem to realise are leaving tons of crappy reviews for average apps just to win competitions.
Yesterday, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post

I'm glad Apple might be doing something and banning users who they seem to realise are leaving tons of crappy reviews for average apps just to win competitions.
I understand your criticism and it's fair. I'm ok with Apple killing the review contest but I'm really bummed they killed my ability to write reviews. I've written tons to reviews because I like to provide developers feedback and support them.