How do I use Openfeint to transfer save games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sierra275, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Is it true that you can use Openfeint to transfer save game data between devices? Coz I'm getting a iTouch4 soon, and I have a lot of games which I've sunken a lot of time into.

2. ActiveX

ActiveX Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Right behind you.
    I'm not sure about Open Feint, but if you do a back-up of your old iPod it saves app data, then just click something like "Set up from old back-up" and your old data will be transferred to your new iPod.

Worked for me.

3. Mr Jack

Mr Jack Well-Known Member

It is true; however, it's a feature a game can implement (or not implement) rather than something you can do to transfer save games. Games that support it should do it without you needing to do anything.

4. DBrown519

DBrown519 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Environmental, Health, and Safety Fields
    Fullerton (Orange County), CA
    How to transfer OpenFeint/Game Center?

Hello people, I just got an iPad 2. I have a iPod 2nd Generation, and I want to transfer all my names off OpenFeint/Game Center to my iPad 2. Does anyone know how to do this, or can it be done? I would think there should be a way since we are in 2011 you know.....anyways please someone answer me when you can! Thanks!

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    There's some steps outlined here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341974