How much will A:5 cost ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ultimo, Aug 21, 2009.

?

How much could A:5 cost ?

1. $9.99

31.7%
  2. $6.99

48.3%
  3. $4.99

28.3%
  4. Above $9.99 - (never before seen price for a quality game)

11.7%
  1. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #1 ultimo, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
    We have been seeing great screenshots of Asphalt 5 lately here.
    How much do you guys think it will cost ?
    Please keep in mind tht NFSU just went down to $2.99 & RR is still a competition, wait a Min, is it time for NFS : Shift already ? Is that why EA us clearing the inventory ? lol

EDIT : Also remember that when it was previewed, we were told that new tracks will be in app purchase, 3 new cars will cost only $1

2. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I don't think the screenshots look as good as NSFU or Real Racing. If it's more than $6.99 it's a mistake.

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Whoa? 2 votes already?

Thanks for voting so quickly guys... Any comments?

4. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I like your confidence, seems like I shud get nfsu for $2.99

5. Gizmoe

Gizmoe Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Student
    Texas...(not really)
    agreed:D

6. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Its gonna be free:D jk

7. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Is Gang$tar's price also the reason most of you believe its going to be $6.99 ?

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    For an arcade racer, there's nothing better in the app store. It's a steal at 3 bucks. This is right behind Real Racing as the best driving game.

9. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #9 ultimo, Aug 21, 2009
    RR is not my kinda stuff, I like arcade...

I'll considr tht, just one more question...
    How long is the game with those 20 cars, 8 racing modes & what not ?

*Empties the piggy bank, counting cents*

EDIT : Another question aftr re-watching the video
    does it Allow customizing touch controls to turn left or right ?

10. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #10 Alichan76, Aug 21, 2009
    To be honest, I find RR pretty arcady too. Bare in mind this is coming from someone who has little to no experience playing sim racers. I guess I expected RR to really throw me in the deep end with manual clutch and gears. The only major difference in controls is the manual accel. but if you like the more arcady auto accel, that's there too, along with brake assist.

There's no story line, which is all part of the arcade experience admittedly, but control wise it is (or can be) every bit as much of an arcade experience as NFSU, IMHO.

11. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Thanks for responding :)

I see wht you are saying about RR...
    Damn, I editd it at the same time as your response time... I'll consider NFSU if the game is longr & has touch controls to turn left or right

I am sure the sale will last @least till tomorrow...
    Going to sleep now, Good night :)

12. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I heard it was going to cost $29.99...

God told me this in my sleep, during a dream.

He also told me that the Nazi's were right, George W. Bush was his son and that Saddam was a prophet.

True story. I swear.

Right after that, me, God and Jesus went riding over the rainbow on pink-and-purple flying unicorns as his astoundingly long, white beard drifted behind us providing shelter for all the different species of wildlife that are now left without a home due to deforestation.

13. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Its 5 bucks:confused:

14. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    6.99 because if Gangstar came out like that then yea

15. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I think 699 intro but up to 999 later

btw nfs still not 299 for us:(

16. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Gameloft released A4 Elite Racing for 9.99 last year so I won't be surprised if that'll happen. On the other hand, Gangstar's launch price is 6.99 so it could also swing that way. But I'm pretty sure the chances of Gameloft releasing this for 4.99 is slim at best. The screenshots look good and improved from A5 but honestly I am not that wow'd, with all the quality we're seeing these days from Real Racing and Undercover. I am more excited for Shift. We'll see. Controls, stability, polish and a good campaign/good unlockable maps are primary for me as opposed to good graphics with mediocre conrols.

17. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I think 5.99 and it'll get a price drop like all Gameloft titles to 0.99 sooner or later :p

18. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    I like how this thread is supposed to be about a5. Anyway about shift, I think it will be a very good game if not excellent and beating real racing, but it annoys me how ea is starting to switch back n forth between arcade n sim.first prostreet then undercovernow shift then some b.s. Titled game like need for speed chrome or like that. I mean wtf ea stick to one specific genre. Still like you guys tho. Ur just confusing sometimes that's all. Yea but I'm hoping that a5 will be between 5 and 10 I don't mind really paying for a quality game even tho I'll probably get for free through jailbreak. And the price won't matter because it will keep goin up wit dlc.

19. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Hopefully. But I'm pretty sure this will sell big (regardless of being stable or unstable) due to the name. I believe Asphalt 4 is one of the biggest selling racing games for the idevice because they did very well with the marketing at the time of its release, also due to it's prior popularity with NGage(?). So I'm guessing we wont see a low price fairly soon after release. On the other hand, as soon as a Gameloft game goes down in sales, the pricedrop is imminent.

20. Hudson RL

Hudson RL Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    England
    well A4 was full price, but i think the way the app store is going atm and is flooded now with quality games, im sure it will be released at 6.99, if not i will not buy it. if games like gangstar (which i havnt got) are 6.99, im sure they will have to release A5 at the same price.... i hope.