Universal Machinarium - (by Amanita Design)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mashead2000, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    #61 Ubisububi, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
    Post deleted...

My problem was user error, not a bug.

2. Jster

Jster Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    cool game

3. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I am truly puzzled as to why some iPad 2 owners were experiencing a lot of bugs in this game whereas others did not experience any?

I wonder what the differences are.

What version of iOS are you using? 4.3.3 or 4.3.5?
    Is your device jailbroken? If so, is there a bug in mobilesubstrate or a conflict with some Cydia apps in your device (I can't imagine this to be so) since the game is supposedly sandboxed?
    Is this a memory issue? With too many background apps running?

4. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Haven't had any problems running the game at all and I havent shut off/reset my device for a while, maybe for a week and usually having a few apps backgrounded. Running iOS 5 Beta 7, non-jailbroken on a 64gb wi-fi only iPad 2.

5. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Maybe their devices were jailbroken?

6. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Nope.

7. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    My iPad 2 is a 16 GB wi-fi model, it is not jailbroken, and it is running the most recent version of iOS. I also have never run it with other apps running in the background either. The bugs seem more software related than hardware related. The people who haven't experienced any bugs are quite lucky. Not all bugs ALWAYS occur, and they may only occur if you do something in a specific way, or they could just be random. Since it's a port and not a from-the-ground-up rebuild, the bugs are probably a result of that.

Speaking of which, I've found another (minor) bug:
    When playing the hint book mini-game, after killing a spider and going through the web where it was, you may die. Doesn't always happen, but it happened to me several times.

A theory about some of the people not experiencing bugs, is that they actually might be, but they don't know it, because they've never played it before. Some bugs are obvious, but others might lead one to believe that they are simply stumped by a puzzle (disappearing items for example). Not saying that's what it is, but it might be. Dunno.

8. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    a little naive question... but why should a point-and-click require juice that only an iPad 2 can deliver? Not pissed or anything that it wont work on my iPod, since i can still play it on my iPad, but mighty curious.

9. Jhon001

Jhon001 New Member

Machinarium

The goal of Machinarium is to solve a series of puzzles and brain teasers. The puzzles are linked together by an overworld consisting of a traditional "point and click" adventure story. The overworld's most radical departure is that only objects within the player character's reach can be clicked on. Machinarium is notable in that it contains no dialogue, spoken or written, and apart from a few tutorial prompts on the first screen, is devoid of understandable language entirely. The game instead uses a system of animated thought bubbles. Easter egg back story scenes in the same format can only be revealed by idling in certain areas.

10. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

What's New in Version 1.1

Several bug fixes.

11. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    And added...

Screen rotation!

YES!!

<fist pump>

12. Kedest

Kedest Active Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Why does it say "headphones recommended"?
    Just because to better enjoy the music/sound, or are there sound related puzzles?

13. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Sounds better. That's all.

14. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    #74 tygamr, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
    They finally released a bug fix update. Don't know how much it fixed, but it shouldn't be as buggy now.
    EDIT: Wow, didnt notice another page XD. Was beat to the punch.

15. haj

haj Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    you always die by touching the edge of the web, ipad2 or PC since ever..

16. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I wish they had a "child mode" without the puzzles. My youngest son absolutely adores working his way through the adventure and I have filled up every single save slot in an effort to bypass the more difficult puzzles. There aren't enough slots, of course, so I am getting pretty tired of doing some of the more tedious ones over and over and over...

17. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    super idea !
    second this one :)

18. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Sale

Now down to $1.99 :)

19. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Of course it is. I waited till the 3rd hoping for a New Years sale, when there appeared to not be one, I went ahead and just bought this. So yeah, of course right after I bite, the price goes down...

20. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    You are not the only one :)