Looking for a Flying/Shooting type game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by moviecouple, Jul 11, 2009.

1. moviecouple

moviecouple Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Was thinking about Drop Ship or Blimp? Anyone have thoughts or maybe suggest something better?

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Depending on what you are looking for - there are quite a lot. Blimp is excellent in my opinion. Saucelifter is also a nother great flying / shooting type of game. F.A.S.T is different type but is also excellent. Then there are top down, like iBomber or iFighter is another type. Then there are all the space type shooters - Isotope, NanoFighter, 2079, Anomaly.

You are going to have to be pretty specific about what type of flying / shooter that you want. Lots of excellent ones to choose from though. I think that most of the above named are only $0.99 so you could try a few and not feel too bad.

3. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Space deadbeef..?!?!..?

4. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Dropship is great, I loved it.

5. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    #5 Squirt Reynolds, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
    If you want a realistic flying/shooter, F.A.S.T is absolutely the way to go. The gameplay is awesome, plus there's online multiplayer.

If you want something a little more retro, i suggest Isotope. I just bought it recently and it quickly became my most-played app. Great controls (IMO), fast paced gameplay, sharp and colorful graphics, and a great campaign mode with an even better upgrade system, which lets you purchase better ships w/ better weapons, and all kind of other abilities that will help you along your way.

As posted before, Dropship is another good retro style game. The controls take a little time to get used to, but once you do the game is very fun.

Also, Nano Fighter is another good game with great graphics/controls, plus, not only is the gameplay REALLY fast-paced, but the levels are played in 1 minute increments, so it's a great game to pick up and play for just a few minutes at a time.

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Space Deadbeef would be one of the top selling apps (currently more of a free tech demo) if the dev would separate the killer targeting mechanism (I feel like a boss using it) from the actual controls, and adding a few more levels. Maybe a decent upgrade system. But as of now, it's just iPod-candy that'll last a week, two weeks tops on your iDevice.

My vote goes to F.A.S.T. PewPew's a great free game that's getting an update pretty soon, along with rRootage.

7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    and there's also Light Wars, another good dual stick shooter

8. SilverMachineGames

SilverMachineGames Active Member

Jul 10, 2009
  9. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    Airmaster

10. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    If you're looking that's similar to the games you mentioned, I'd most certainly get Saucelifter. My favorite game on the app store. It's freaking amazing.
    There's a lite, if you're interested.