Your favorite iOS game (no lists, only ONE), touchArcade member's top game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Habakuk, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Farfield

Farfield Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2011
    If hypothetically i could only play ONE game, damn it's difficult xD i think it would be Infinity Blade II BUT only if this has multiplayer or anything online

If that supposition doesn't count, then would be Street Fighter IV Volt Battle Protocol (damn it's a long name)

2. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Hunters 2.

Loot, daily new missions, lots of options and great looks.

3. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Battleheart, no question. BTW, I don't consider the best game to necessarily be the one that I would keep if I could only have a single app on my device. While I do consider BH to be my favorite game, it's not like I'm going to be playing it on and off 5 years from now. On the other hand, I've been playing different versions of Bejeweled (PC/PDA/cell phone/iPhone) since who knows how long ago.

4. miror

miror New Member

Mar 29, 2012
    France
    Ascension for me !

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    If I can only install 1 game on my iPhone, that honor belongs to Tilt to Live, greatest game in the world

6. GameHopping

GameHopping Active Member

Dungeon Raid

So many hours....

7. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Street Fighter IV Volt.

The online multiplayer has me coming back time and time again since it launched last year. I probably play a match at least once a week, down from plenty a day a month or so back. To me thats good replay value.

Plus Capcom provided regular updates.... but nowadays other than new tournaments, it seems the big character updates are done :(

8. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    TTL is a close second for me...

But the one game i'd keep is Bike Baron. It's my favourite genre. With the hundred or so levels, a gazzillion fantastic user levels and a great level editor I think I could play it a reallllllly long time.

9. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#69 Habakuk, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
    I added Street Fighter IV Volt and I hope that is the game you meant. And there was a second nomination for it in the meantime.

Thanks to all for your participation. Pretty interesting, isn't it? Updated OP.

I am always playing it on iPhone when the subway is overcrowded (so there is no space for iPad) almost missing the exit station because DR is so exciting. Solution: A reliable GPS based alarm app running in the background! Works in trains as well (maybe even better).

One drawback. You can't play Asphalt (multiplayer or not) or almost any 3D racer in the metro (urban public transit)—at least when you love the tilt controls like me (there are other control options supported by the software). Technically you could easily establish very well a bluetooth multiplayer session; but it would be too conspicious in an electric trolleybus.

10. Livven

Livven Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Germany
    Another vote for Bug Heroes. Just one single session can last many hours, if you're good enough (I still am not, even after countless hours of playing), and there's such a huge variety of different characters/power-ups and so on.

11. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Thanks for your nominations and votes, folks! Plausible results list already. I made use of it bought two games that I didn't have & reloaded Bug Heroes. Excellent thread thanks to tA members!

Updated OP.

Think carefully about the question and nominate/vote! The only one game you would keep if it has to be.

12. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I think u should clarify whether to name ur favorite game or if u could only choose one game to play for a year. I think for most or some people that would be two different games.

Though I named FFt as my choice, that was only because of the choose one game for a year thing.

If it was my favorite game I'd go with battleheart...

Doesn't really matter to me but I think u should clear it up for this reason.

13. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Even though I haven't played it in a while, Solomon's Keep for the variety of character build and to me, the Diablo feel.

14. sharpener

sharpener Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Musician
    Kowloon, Hong Kong
    Super Crossfire

15. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Phoenix HD.:D

16. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Yep!

17. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Bike Baron (paid one) is my favorite :D

18. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    At the moment Soul Calibur is my favorite

19. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
  20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Extremely hard to narrow it down to one, but right now I'm totally hooked on Pocket RPG. So that gets my vote at this point.

BTW, I like this thread much better than the best iOS game thread where everyone and their brother can list dozens of games if they want to. The list over there is becoming overwhelming. A condensed one vote per person thread is more handy IMO.