Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-29-2014, 02:11 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitherine Iain View Post
I'm not sure if that issue is addressed so can you give details on exactly what you see and your device/OS.
Hi Iain

I have a 64gig Ipad 4 3G on latest IOS (7.1?).

To be perfectly honest I uninstalled this after buying Panzer Korps so couldnt tell you exactly what stage it is, only that its in the first expansion pack after the second or third mission. Every time I go to play the mission it reset either before the loading / objectives screen or immediatly as the game map displayed.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:36 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Default Terrible support.

How can I delete posts?

Last edited by TokyoDan; 07-12-2014 at 09:46 PM.. Reason: fix
Old 07-12-2014, 09:43 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

How can I delete duplicate posts?

Last edited by TokyoDan; 07-12-2014 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: edit
Old 07-12-2014, 09:51 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboog12 View Post
Hey TokyoDan,

You mentioned that I should be watching the comments, on another site. Yes, I'm watching them . As developers, we both know that only by customer feedback we can identify the areas that need improvement in our products.

Regarding the update for retina/non-retina fonts : there is a second update in the making. Unfortunately, there is no simple flag to be checked and just rebuild the game (the small fonts on retina were no mistake, that's how they were supposed to be). We expect the 2nd update to hit the AppStore in about 10 days or so.

You've mentioned you're a developer. I can explain a bit more technical how we do the fonts in the Frontline. First and foremost, the smaller fonts on retina are not a mistake. Actually the chars have the same pixel size on both screen types. Because the Dots per Inch on retina screens is higher than DPI on non-retina, the physical size of characters on retina screen is smaller. A more simple explanation would be: the pixels on retina screens are more 'crowded'.

We wanted to keep a very minimalistic UI because it was in tone with our artistic style. By doing that we may have scaled down the fonts a bit too much?
Yes, we have tested the application on all kinds of devices (from Iphone4 to Ipad Air). We knew the fonts are smaller on retina screen, but for us the font size seemed acceptable (though the designer occasionally used a magnifying glass to tap the units, weird!). We didn't think this will be a big issue for other people.

Anyway, I am sorry the fonts are too small for you to play the game. I have promised we will make them bigger and we will address this issue in the very next release.
Hopefully that will settle the issue!

Yours truly,
Marius
Sounds like a UI design decision that Apple would never make. Anyway have the fonts been made bigger yet. If so I'll repurchase the game. (I had deleted it and got a refund)

Last edited by TokyoDan; 07-12-2014 at 09:54 PM..
Old 07-19-2014, 09:27 PM

Are they are plans for more levels?
Old 07-24-2014, 12:21 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

There is an update in approval with Apple that should fix the font size issues. I expect it to release next week.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:32 AM

I must say this is alright but I prefer Panzer corps but hey this is aimed at a different audience