List of games with iCloud support

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by switch-it, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Shinsaku

Shinsaku Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    The Bard's Tale just had an update yesterday to add iCloud as well.

2. yussicam

yussicam Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Thanks for sharing. I was not known of this backup feature but I'll definitely go for these applications now.

3. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    My ipad is in Greek . I am telling it is there and it does save your progress .

4. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Confirmation of The Bards Tale, Snowboard Hero, Shantae, Doodle Jump and Infinity Blade 2 again.

For those that are jailbroken, you can use data deposit to back up every game (well it hasn't failed to do any ive tried) to a drop box and restore when you want to. iCloud without needing devs to program it in properly. One of the things I've sorely missed since getting a 4s, but not any longer!!!

Attached Files:

5. switch-it

switch-it Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #25 switch-it, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
    Thanks to pavarotti2007, Shinsaku, smuttlegiaco and lumothesinner for their contributions.

It's okay if the language is greek. It's not that i don't trust you but i need a screenshot of it before i can add it to confirmed. :)

Knowledge of this feature is sadly not as widespread as one could hope so i'm glad this thread has helped with that! :)

Edit: Does no longer apply. See post #33

6. cyberhomie

cyberhomie New Member

Jan 26, 2012
    IT Manager
    WI
    Batman confirmation is attached

Attached Files:

7. Shinsaku

Jul 18, 2011
    Galaxy on Fire 2 HD says it has iCloud support. I only have the standard which isnt supported. Anyone confirm this?

8. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    GOF 2 HD does not show up in my icloud storage list, neither does Crazy Hedgy or M.U.S.E.

9. Shinsaku

Jul 18, 2011
    Today Galaxy of Fire 2 just had an update that includes iCloud support. I can also confirm that it does work. I have the picture to prove it but it'd be a while until I can upload it.

10. Shuriken

Shuriken New Member

Feb 16, 2012
    #30 Shuriken, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    I have a few changes for you:

N.O.V.A. 2 [confirmed]

League of Evil 2 [confirmed]

djay [confirmed] not exactly a game

Crazy Hedgy [unsupported] just iCloud-Sync

Zombieville USA 2 [unsupported] just iCloud-Sync

My Galaxy on Fire 2 HD (newest version) doesn't have any backup. In the App Store description they just mention iCloud- and OpenFeint-Sync.

Greetings form germany, nice work man.

Attached Files:

11. Shinsaku

Jul 18, 2011
    #31 Shinsaku, Feb 20, 2012
    Here's what I have for iCloud. I own Galaxy on Fire 2 SD, not HD, yet it comes up as HD. I also have League of Evil 2 yet it doesn't show up on my iCloud list.

Attached Files:

12. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Just to clarify, since there's some incorrect assumptions being made in this thread: there's really no distinction between "device syncing" and "saved game backup" - it's the same thing. In either case, all that's happening is that the app is saving some relevant data about the user's progress on Apple's servers, and then loading it the next time the app is booted - whether its on a new device, or the same device after the app has been deleted doesn't matter, the action is the same. So Zombieville USA 2, and any other app that successfully syncs across multiple devices, should be included among the list (I actually just tested it to make sure I'm not losing my mind - my ZV2 save gets retained after deleting the app).

That said, you won't necessarily see the app in your list of "documents/data". Without getting into excrutiating detail, there's a couple different ways that apps can store their data on the cloud, and only one of them shows up in your device's storage & backup details. Generally apps that store a very small amount of data won't show up there, and will be essentially invisible to you.

13. switch-it

switch-it Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #33 switch-it, Feb 20, 2012
    Thanks for clarifying. I tested both Cut the Rope and Scribblenauts, and my game progress was intact after reinstalling. This was not the case earlier in the year however, and is why this thread exist in the first place.

I have therefore changed the thread to be a list for games with iCloud support.

14. bLiNdSiDe

bLiNdSiDe Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Firefighter (Sergeant) / EMT
    Covington, GA
    Nuts has iCloud support

15. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I'm not sure if it's necessarily iCloud, but Smurf's Village lets you transfer game data all over the place

16. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Does Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP have iCloud support?

17. theLorax

theLorax Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Can we get the list updated?

Definitely need Grand Theft Auto: Vice City added. That's a big one.

18. theLorax

theLorax Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Add Swordigo to the list.