★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iOS App Review Exchange

06-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonPlunder View Post
Sorry to be that guy but doesn't that go against the whole ideas of reviews? I mean you know the reviews generated by this "service" will be anything but real ones.

Sure it can be slow to get them, and it sucks to have dumb 1 star ones, but to resort to having fake 5 star reviews is hardly a solution.
I totally agree. This is one reason why I don't bother with app reviews anymore on iTunes. They're either full of fake shill ones, fake ones by devs promising iTunes vouchers or fake ones such as what this thread suggests

Makes a mockery of it all if its basically give me a 5 star review and ill give you a 5 star review
06-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Another way to get more reviews is to kindly remember your users on writing them. As we added a reminder dialog the users gave us a significant amount of reviews. It's up to you how often you like to remember your users. Fieldrunners for example has a heart shaped button where you get the "Rate Hint".
As mentioned above we remind the players after they solved #n levels. (To get better ratings use good timings and care about the mood the player has)

CoFounder of Knalleridee
Twitter: @chris_devel
www.knalleridee.com

07-19-2013, 04:21 AM
Classteacher present the Educational Apps for Kids :-

Please rate my apps:-
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dirtypond/id657115150
08-05-2013, 10:21 AM
My two cents

I've just joined toucharcade and have posted an article in the Mac App Store on my new creation Dublin Quiz App (free version). Having read what people have said here regarding reviews and rating, its hard to get a foothold when your just starting out developing.

So much emphasis is placed on reviews its really sink or swim. I think exchanging reviews is a good idea between developers, ONLY if its honest and truthfull! Posting 5 stars does more damage and destroys reputations.

Thanks for reading
03-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Willing to exchange reviews with my new app Turbo Fish - Racing Days.

App can be found at:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/turbo-fish-racing-days/id821786364?ls=1&mt=8

PM me if you would like to.
05-15-2014, 09:14 AM
exchange review

I would like to exchange review for this app - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/new-york-travel-pangea-guides/id735154465?mt=8..Pleasegive us a genuine review. I will return the favor ASAP.
05-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deegansoftware View Post
So much emphasis is placed on reviews its really sink or swim. I think exchanging reviews is a good idea between developers, ONLY if its honest and truthfull! Posting 5 stars does more damage and destroys reputations.
Sounds good but if some guy left you a 1 star review and then you have to review his app, i just cant see you leaving a 5 star review.

Again they're fake either way, look at some of the apps mentioned, New York travel Pangea guide ? You'll honestly review this ?

Its like when i read about people trying to win a voucher in a contest where the contest is to do with learning for babies and they dont even have a kid ! Just want to win.

Just think exchanging reviews with each other (which are fake, come on lets be serious) is a bad idea
05-24-2014, 11:49 AM
Willing to exchange reviews for my app

Here is th link to my game Doodle Space Adventure:
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/doodle-space-adventure/id878949701?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

Please rate and review this app and send me link to your app so that i can review the same.
05-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Sounds good but if some guy left you a 1 star review and then you have to review his app, i just cant see you leaving a 5 star review.

Again they're fake either way, look at some of the apps mentioned, New York travel Pangea guide ? You'll honestly review this ?

Its like when i read about people trying to win a voucher in a contest where the contest is to do with learning for babies and they dont even have a kid ! Just want to win.

Just think exchanging reviews with each other (which are fake, come on lets be serious) is a bad idea
Agreed. What happened to just making good games?
05-30-2014, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLYGAMe View Post
Agreed. What happened to just making good games?
Not to mention that Apple has began deleting reviews randomly.

Even the reviews I got for Small Chronicles by asking players to help review & improve the game's experience FROM WITHIN THE GAME (via a prompt) were deleted.

Meaning that my legit reviews were deleted.

Not 1 but 4 of them -_-''