Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    No -- but I think you do hear her voice at the end ("Run!").

And yes, that was impressive.

2. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Thanks! I can see now why this game took/taking a while to release because the devs want to release a quality looking iOS game:cool:

3. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Absolutely great :eek: Very, very, very good work ;)

4. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1584 tatoforever, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    No,
    That's not the main character but one of the many you will interact with. ;)
    As squarezero said, the main one you'll hear at the end. ;)

5. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1585 tatoforever, Mar 14, 2012
    Recorded at runtime means that the video was captured in real-time (using the engine power rendering).

6. Whiteplayer3d

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    How looks version for older devices now? (iPod Touch 4G)

7. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Imagine the same video but with post-process turned off, shadows, skin shaders, volumetric lights, Depth of field, local reflections, less smoke density and all the goodness removed. xD
    We are in the process of thinking to remove support for such devices as immersion is totally different when those effects are turned off.
    And to be honest, we don't really care about selling 50% more copies, we want to make the game look exactly the same everywhere and of course immerse the players equally. Leaving the iPad2 and iPhone4S (A5 cores) as the minimum requirement.

8. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    i don't won't to imagine that, good thing this game will be released by the time the 5th generation itouch will be out.

9. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Great work! But the girl looks a little cartoony? Also, is this how it's going to look on iPad 2 and 4S?

10. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

your team will be very wrong if they do that...that mean you must wait for iphone 6 and ipad3:eek:

11. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    In some poses she does probably because of the ambient/scene lighting, but the style still mature-photorealistic. And yes, that's how the game looks like. ;)

12. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    You mean the new iPhone/iPod coming this year?
    iPad1 doesn't even handle 1 single dynamic light and our game does heavy dynamic lighting and shadowing use.
    We don't want to support all possible devices out there. Or the game will look as PS1 era and the work to support all devices is enormous. We must set a bar as Epic in 2010 with IB. That one will be A5 based hardware.
    As stated earlier, we don't care if the game sells millions or trillions units, we just want it to look good everywhere.
    Regards,

13. Whiteplayer3d

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Remember this?

"The minimum hardware requirement to play the game are: iPhone 3GS/ iPod Touch 3G (32/64GB) but the iPhone 4G is our recommended platform."

I wait for this game for more than 1,5 year....and you say that? Than go to hell with you game, nothing is better than original Silent Hill :p

14. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1594 tatoforever, Mar 14, 2012
    Yes, that was a long time ago. The game has evolved and changed since then. Mobile hardware moves forward very quickly with yearly upgrades and we cannot support every mobile device out there, only those relevant to the project. The game will not be released now. Anyway, you will have the chance to upgrade to the new iPod/iPad/iPhone before Forgotten Memories launch.
    PS: This is different from Silent Hill. ;)
    Cheers,

15. Whiteplayer3d

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Yeah, long time ago, maybe this time it's too early.. A good game does not depend on the quality of graphics.

Thanks anyway, but i will upgrade to PSP Vita for HD collection of Silent Hill :)

(sorry for my bad english)

Cheers ;)

16. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1596 tatoforever, Mar 14, 2012
    I'm a French Canadian, English isn't my mother language neither. ;)
    Isn't about the quality of the graphics, is that the core gameplay features of the game does heavy use of dynamic lighting and shadowing and it's very hungry power mind you.
    Also, we will later publish a PSVita version of Forgotten Memories. We are working on it too. But keep this noise over here only. Hope you enjoy your Vita, it's a little overpowered device! ;)
    Regards,

17. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Hahaha, just like I've written months ago all these "awesome" looking games like this one , afterlife e.t.c won't come out for the iOS devices that were available when these games were unveiled. I really doubt for even Ipad2 support for this game .

18. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    I've already shown early prototypes of Forgotten Memories running on the iPad2. Actual version of the game runs very very smooth on the iPad2 and 15% faster on iPhone4S. ;)

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Afterlife and...? (And I'm giving you Afterlife, since Trendy has said nothing about required hardware).

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    So I have the lastest iPod but I couldn't play your game...
    IB2 has awesome graphics in my iPod 4, and with the lastest iOS there are not any framerate drops or whatever. Dead Space has awesome graphics too...