Bloons TD 4

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BucketofPwnage, Jan 9, 2011.

1. BucketofPwnage

Apr 10, 2010
    Hello all,

I'm not really new here (although my posts would tell differently).. I've been referring to this site since the beginnings of it. Now - on subject.

I've really been enjoying Bloons TD 4, but I'm really having a hell of a time where I'm at. I've gotten 9 gold medals on the first 9 maps, and I cannot seem to get past level 40-50 ish on the first 3 advanced maps. I've even attempted them on easy, and still no luck. I feel like I've tried just about every type of strategy, but I still get nowhere.

Any thoughts? comments? frustrations? Anyone with the same problem? It'd be great to get some advice. Thanks for reading!

2. BucketofPwnage

Apr 10, 2010
  3. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    #3 Phantom X, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    You still there? I'm just getting going with this game, but I can help you with River Bed on Hard if you'd like. The other maps then become much easier when you unlock the 10 gold medal upgrades.

Edit:
    OK this will get you the Gold on hard. I'm sure it can be tweaked to avoid leaking any bloons.

Attached Files:

4. simplymuzik3

simplymuzik3 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I've got 14 golds but cant seem to beat the last 2 expert maps with gold. The basic strategy I use (make sure you enable all upgrades that you can):

- make basic monkeys and keep saving until you can buy a cannon
    - don't upgrade any basic monkeys ever
    - once you have 1 cannon, save up for 2 more (don't upgrade any yet).
    - when you have 3, I usually build a monkey ace or the pirate ship one (depending on the map layout)
    - after that, start upgrading everyone except basic monkeys.
    - eventually start saving up for super, and then upgrade until it has plasma.
    - buy a monkey beacon
    - by now the game should be really easy. Just buy some fully upgraded cannons and let them take out blimps. Also set the cannons target priority to "Strong".

Some notes: the pirate ship monkey is an AMAZING value when fully upgraded!! Be sure to use it if possible.
    - for the map that looks like a "star" shape, I bought TONS of monkey aces and upgrade them fully. Also put a few cannons for the blimps. I'm on my phone, so I can type up more stuff when I get on my laptop I'd you need it.

If anyone has tips on the last 2 expert ones, I'm all ears :)

5. Phantom X

Aug 8, 2009
    Rail Track, Ant Hill

Ok, just completed everything with 16 golds. Ant Hill is easy once you get gold on Rail Track and unlock the other upgrades. I may go back and try Ant Hill without the last upgrades.

For Rail Track (without 15 gold upgrades):
    Concentrate all your firepower at the main merge. Place glue monkeys in all the gaps up top. I started with 5 dart monkeys and 3 glue gunners. I then added 4 cannons and the other 2 glue gunners. Fully upgraded tack shooter at merge next. Keep adding cannons at the merge. Upgrade all cannons and target to strong. Place a tornado wizard at the end.

I used a monkey storm at levels 66 and 71.

Good luck!

6. gsanmiguel6

gsanmiguel6 New Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Ok but how do i start? all you're doing is showing a picture. walk me through it please

7. Phantom X

Aug 8, 2009
    #7 Phantom X, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
    I played through again quickly and took some screenshots. This will get you through on Hard. Look at the previous post for shot of how it ends up after round 53. Target everything to "strong".

Attached Files:

• td1.jpg
      td1.jpg
      File size:
      132.9 KB
      Views:
    • td2.jpg
      td2.jpg
      File size:
      133.3 KB
      Views:
    • td3.jpg
      td3.jpg
      File size:
      138.9 KB
      Views:
    • td5.jpg
      td5.jpg
      File size:
      141.9 KB
      Views:
    • td6.jpg
      td6.jpg
      File size:
      143.1 KB
      Views:
    • td7.jpg
      td7.jpg
      File size:
      146.5 KB
      Views:
    • td8.jpg
      td8.jpg
      File size:
      148.9 KB
      Views:
    • td10.jpg
      td10.jpg
      File size:
      156.5 KB
      Views:
  8. oysterboy

oysterboy Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2010
    i need some help, i can't beat the bus the world or river bed :[ that guide with pictures didnt help i did it a millionnnnnnnn times even on easy

9. vampalan

vampalan Member

Feb 9, 2011
    I am having trouble doing getting pass the globe map on hard mode, I have all the unlocks, but I cant seem to get past about wave 32.

Anyone got any ideas?

10. Zwolf12

Zwolf12 New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    I used a bunch of buccaneers since with the fireball upgrade they can pop lead balloons

11. simplymuzik3

Aug 12, 2009
    Any help with Rail Track or Farm Yard on HARD mode? I have 14 gold medals, and I'd really like to reach 15. I've been trying these 2 maps for weeks now. Even a screenshot would help me out (a mini strategy guide would be even better though) :)

12. Redsox79

Redsox79 New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Any suggestions for farmyard on hard? I'm stuck on farmyard and railtrack. I've tried so many times on both. Pics would be great, (like the riverbed ones) if anyone has found a walkthrough of these online, please post.

13. simplymuzik3

Aug 12, 2009
    Exactly the same 2 I'm stuck on :(

14. Clear Dream

Clear Dream Member

Apr 10, 2011
    There's 17 achievements in total in this game according to Game Center, but only 16 are visible in the list for me. Has anyone found out what the hidden achievement is? If so, could you please tell me? I have no idea myself x.x