List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    My problem is that I've just too darned far behind both with games on my iPad, as well as on my PC, so this one will be a bit more on my back burner until I've made some progress with the backlog. Since it was free, I thought I would at least download it to try out later anyway.

It is described as an adventure game in the app description, but I don't see an actual inventory in the screenshots. It seems to be a more exploration type, puzzle driven game from what I can see.

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I hear you. My collection of iOS games alone is mind-blowingly large, especially considering that I've owned electronic devices most of my life yet I've accumulated more App Store games alone than all my other devices COMBINED! I've also fallen into the bad trap of buying these "10 games for $2" deals on sites like Humble Bundle, knowing full well I'll never play 99% of the games. But, I guess just like Pokemon most of the fun comes from collecting, right :rolleyes:

3. morrissey

morrissey Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2014
    I have played about half way through the game. Unfortunately, it continues to crash on me every time I reach a certain area, making me redo the long path I took to get there. Finally, got so frustrated that I deleted the game. That being said, up until the crashing, it's a very well done explorative game where you find clues to help investigate a crime and eventually solve the crime. Graphics are really well done and story line is interesting. Sad I couldn'tt finish it.

4. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Little late reply, sorry. I played the first area. Graphics are nothing special and character animations rather amateurish (if you talk to somebody he always gestures in the same weird way), also the inventory managment (if you can call it that) is rather clunky. Still, it had some interesting moments so far and the story looks promising. I might continue at some point

5. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Probably most have heard of this, TA 5 star game and App Store Editor's choice. It's kind of an adventure but no Point and Click in the traditional sense - Puzzles are nearly non existing if you don't count having to move the landscape around so you can move forward. I personally don't see what all the fuzz is about but a lot of people seem to like it, especially the story.

Old Man's Journey

6. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Can't wait for the new Glitch game. No ETA so far, is there?

7. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I don't know the release date, but I can say that so far I'm really enjoying it. Fans of their games won't be disappointed in terms of length or challenge, and there's an extra plus for me as I'm a sucker for zombie themed anything.

8. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    We're hoping to be able to announce a release date soon. We're getting close now.

Thank you for saying so! Really glad you're enjoying it :)

9. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #6710 Gambler, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017

Same here ... Huge sucker for the zombie genre (and for Glitch Games ofc but guess that goes without saying) ... Wait is even harder now :) But thanks for replying Glitch Bros :)

Meaning you were a Beta Tester, PoL already having played and all? (very jealous btw :D )

And concerning the games on sale you posted, only can recommend all off them to anybody who hasn't played them yet and likes classic Point and Click Adventures. In that area nothing comes close to Daedalic atm (in Point and Click-Land Germany they're often called the new Lucas Arts). Dead Synchronicity is a bit different than the rest (not bad but different) but the other three are absolute classics.

Get em while they're cheap boys and girls :)

10. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    We're getting very close now so you won't have to wait too much longer!

11. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    That's great news! Looking very much forward :)

---

On another note I can only recommend to everybody to get FRAMED 2. No adventure in the classical sense, more of a puzzle adventure with unique mechanics.

It's featured prominently on TA and has gotten 5 stars for good reasons but devs deserve every mention. Gotta support great premium games.

App Store Link: FRAMED 2

12. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #6713 Gambler, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    @Glitch games: Just wanted to let you know, if I search for your name on google, it says under glitchgames.co.uk "this site may be hacked". Never saw anything like that - Hope all is fine with you and it's just a Glitch on Google's end.

Screenshot

13. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thanks for the heads up! I've now gone through the suggested steps with Google so will see if that gets removed.

14. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Playing House Of Davinci. It's like The Room series of games. Puzzling.

15. RichOnTheLI

RichOnTheLI New Member

Sep 21, 2014
    The House of da Vinci is out. It's almost identical to The Room series. All the text, sounds, and controls are exactly the same. I wonder if the developers worked together on this one. Either way, it's a GREAT game!

The House of da Vinci by Blue Brain Games
    https://appsto.re/us/prlv_.i

16. RichOnTheLI

RichOnTheLI New Member

Sep 21, 2014
  17. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #6718 Teagan, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Has anyone played this? Just bought it bc every game by Glitch is amazing:)

18. brogmoid

brogmoid Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2015
    a series of tubes
    the south side of the sky
    I just finished it a few days ago. It's very typical Glitch, so I suspect you'll like it.

19. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I have the latest iPad and it keeps crashing. I can't get it to play:(