Private forums?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MindJuice, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Is the private developer's forum still in use?

I tried messaging Zandog a couple of times and Arn once to get added to the group, but got no response.

Is it only for iPhone Millionaires or is it still open to smaller devs? :D

Thanks!

2. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Well, almost nobody's posted there in a week, but it is still semi-active... Zandog hasn't logged in for like two weeks now, and I'm sure Arn is very busy. Maybe another developer who's around more frequently should be appointed custodian of the private forums... I volunteer if anyone in power is reading! :D

3. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    I personally don't agree with the private forum. I thought the purpose of the developer forums were for us to share knowledge and help each other… but making an 'elite club' seems to be counter-productive.

Just my opinion though. :)

4. Uptown Arts

Uptown Arts Well-Known Member

Some subjects, like piracy, would be better discussed in private. Not that I've been invited :rolleyes:

5. My understanding was that it wasn't an elite club as such, but that you just had to be a developer to join.

Sometimes I wouldn't mind sharing some information and thoughts with other devs, but would prefer not to make the info available to the general public.

6. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    Okay, maybe I'm wrong! I guess I can see how that might be useful. I am not allowed behind those gold doors, so I don't know what discussions take place in there! :)

7. PixelthisMike

PixelthisMike Well-Known Member

Not much really, it is very quiet most of the time. But I guess that's just because people will only use it to talk about things that they don't want in the public eye. Most of the discussions are perfectly suited to this public forum so that's where they go :)

8. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

The only "elite-ness" of the private developer forums is that you need to have a published game in the app store in order to be accepted. It doesn't need to be a million seller, or be featured here, or anything like that. And yes, piracy prevention is a good example of a topic better covered in those fourms...

As I said, it's been pretty quiet in there lately, but at times it can be interesting :)

9. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    it took me a while to get into it as well - had to email/PM Zandog 5+ times. overall though; it is not very active - not many people post stuff that isn't discussed in the other two forums. it probably would be better to open it up and not have it private.