Little Boat River Rush - dynamic boat rider (supports iCade, more game controllers)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Happybyte, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    #1 Happybyte, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    Hi, everyone!

Happymagenta is here with our new game – Little Boat River Rush.

[​IMG]

The game is now almost done and is being localized to 8 more additional languages, so will be available soon, although we don't know exact the release date yet.

River Rush is a skill-based runner or more specifically - boat rider. There are 2 modes: championship, that has more than 100 missions and over 300 map variations, and training tour with 9 training levels. It won't use pay to win model.

Use the left-right arrow buttons to steer the boat. Learn to maneuver among multiple obstacles, do stunts in the air with a swipe, slide on the rail, ride under really narrow bridges and much more!

The game will support iOS 7 game controller API, iCade, Bladepad and more.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Let us know what you think :)

[​IMG]

All, who is on our beta testers list on TestFlight will receive the beta build later tonight. Additional beta testers are welcome. Sign up for beta here.

2. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    #2 Gamigo78, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    Looks superb, applied

Edit: I didnt quite get it. Is this an endless runner?

3. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Sent my applied, hope picked for tester

4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    This looks really great can't wait to play it.

5. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Played awhile, extreme fun everything neat. Where could i send feedback to?

6. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    It looks good, I'll give it a try when I'm home

7. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Thanks =)

The main, "Championship" gameplay is somewhat similar to Temple Run or Tiny Wings. It's an endless boat rider. Has over 100 missions to complete and over 300 map sections that are used to compose a huge seamless endless world.

The secondary, "Training Tour" gameplay consists of starred levels. There only 9 levels are planned in this mode for the initial game release. Although it might take some time to get 3 stars (or, to be exact, anchors) for each level.

The gameplay is skill based. There are no "gates" you can't pass via normal gameplay like in free pay to win games. There will be some IAP, yet it will be 100% optional.

Just post it right here :)

8. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    In about 18 hours since this post we will approve all who submitted requests for beta via TF and has at least one device registered on TestFlight.

Those who applied yesterday should already have their builds.

Also all who participates in our beta program gets access to all our game betas, not just this one.

For example Joan beta will be available as well.

If you applied for some of our other betas, there is no need to register - you should already have the Little Boat River Rush beta ready for you on TestFlight.

9. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
  10. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    The game is great so far. Definitely good chances to climg high in the App Store when its released. One thing I noticed though is that the replay value should be increased in some ways. I mean, there should be some more things to pick up during playing like vehicles like in Jetpack Joyride (this could be an update idea for the future).

But all in all, I think you did a great job in developing this awesome game.

11. legendofchin97

legendofchin97 Active Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Really like it! Any way there could be a control option that would let you just use one finger to steer? Like hold it down and swipe a direction to turn?

12. emzdarlington

emzdarlington Member

Aug 19, 2013
    great

ok tried the beta and its great. graphics are absolutely beautiful, controls are fantastic, however i dnt like the music much, maybe something a bit more fun and catchy.

13. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Played it and feels really good, fun and addicted.

14. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Thanks all for the awesome inspiring feedback :)

That's the control scheme I'd personally like to see in game. Actually we did already discuss it in the team, in the very beginning. Decided to get back it on late project stages.

I guess we're going to make it compatible with the music library on the device - you should then be able to turn off the game soundtrack and use the one you like :)

15. iTester

iTester Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Tester
    ios city
    Game crash after selecting Fb icon

16. iTester

iTester Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Tester
    ios city
    Thread is dead ? No one is discussing about this game ...

17. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Ah, I guess people just got busy with some other stuff :)

We would really appreciate crash logs from your device - I wrote a personal message to you how to find them.

18. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    BTW

We now have more available slots for beta testers. Since we recently had got like over 150 people participating, we have all free device slots in two of our developer accounts exhausted. Now we have about 50 more slots available with another account.

If you want to join our beta program to get early access and to play our upcoming Little Boat River Rush and Project Joan games - sign up here on TestFlight.

Registration is open until we have 50 new people signed up. In order for us to be able to send a beta to you, you'll need to register your device on TestFlight by logging into your account from your device. Only requests from users with at least one device registered will be approved.

We're working on new builds and will upload them eventually in a couple of weeks or a bit earlier.

19. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    The final app build is approved by Apple late night yesterday.

The only things left is to prepare the release in may be about a week or so.

Anyone here wants a release build promo code to download the official release from the App Store before it goes live? iCade lovers anyone? Let me know.

20. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Sure. Drop me a DM.