Universal FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS (Universal app by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 30, 2012.

1. bigE1669

bigE1669 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    I agree, up to a point. Final Fantasy 3 was worth the $16 I paid. This game, with RPG Maker graphics, I don't know. Now, it is a new game, but I still have my reservations. I don't think I would pay $30 for this on my 3DS, let alone my iPhone. It better be a kick-ass RPG for me to pay that much. $15-20 maybe.

2. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    My fear with this thread is people will call everyone who protests the price as 'cheap' and that their opinion is wrong.

The game may very well be worth $28.99. Then again, it may not. If the game is simply a dumbed down RPG for mobile platforms then it certainly isn't and I have every right to expect to pay $10 or so for it.

I haven't played this game, but from what I have seen, Chaos Rings and its sequels seem more deserving of such a high price than this does.

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Honestly, I stop carrying about the price as soon as the first tune did kick-in.. *melting*

4. bigE1669

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    I must say that I am excited to download this and give it a try.

5. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    pfff... pretty "shallow" week again, eh? don't know what to play first... really

6. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Was this created with RPG Maker? I can't shake the feeling :rolleyes:

Sorry it feels like an indie effort instead of a big name developer title.

7. araziza

araziza Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I'm not sure about this one. Don't get me wrong, I believe developers should be able to charge the real value of a game. I thought FF3 was honestly undervalued for what it is, and I thought the other FF games and the Chaos rings ones were properly costed. But this is a mobile phone 2d game at twice the cost of the DS/Console RPGs that doesn't have the same history as the other FF games or the same innovation as the CR series. I'm hesitant to put the $ down for this.

8. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    From the videos this one just doesn't look good at all. No retro charm, just cheap. Take away the wonderful music and there's not much left. The story must be in regions of the best Final Fantasy episodes to justify that price and I highly doubt it. I'll wait for another Chaos Rings. THAT's the series the iOS world deserves.

9. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I would've liked the interface to look better. I guess it'll be my main complaint.

Looks like the battle system is ATB which is same as FFIV and such.

10. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#30 Sanuku, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Holy Shit:

The Game just got removed from the Appstore. I`m wondernig why...

12. shidokan57

shidokan57 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Im not buyin to exp. i dont mind paying 30 for a rpg game but this dont look worth 30. I woulda paid 30 for chaos rings 2. Or 20 for ff3 but this no thanks. Only way ide pay 30 for this is if it takes 100 hrs to beat. N i still upset no updates to FFT. Lame square u poip on fans

13. Ajstadel

Ajstadel Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Does not appear to be in NZ AppStore anymore...

14. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Maybe they accidentally released the whole game for free ? :D

15. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    i think is for bug in the shop.

16. Amerik Masters

Amerik Masters Active Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Bay Area, California
    Square-Enix needs to rethink their marketing on the iOS. With yesterday's release of Bastion from Supergiant/Warner Bros. at the price of $5 for an amazing port/game, SE needs to attract gamers new and old and NOT think their shit don't stink. I bought all their FF games for the iPhone and iPad.

SE - make your games priced within reason and universal. I do not have a problem paying $20-30 for a iOS game, but for that price it better be like Sleeping Dogs.

Thanks Supergiant games and WB for stirring the price point for award winning games in the app store.

17. bigE1669

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    I think there is something wrong in the app store. None of my previous purchases are showing up

or

Square has come to its senses and they are going to lower the price.

18. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Bastion is an overrated 5-hour mindless hack-n-slash...

19. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    You're right same thing in the US app store can't see my purchases

20. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    When I click on purchased from the app store quick links it doesn't open !!!