iPhone CardWarden

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 2, 2013.

1. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Video of Card Warden 1.5 features. Online play via Game Center and voice chat!

2. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    My worry is how much space on my 16gig mini will a card game take. I dont really follow how you scan them in but it seems 1 option is to take a pic with you ipad, then import into the app from the camera roll. Sounds like you would use up a lot of space with a 300 card game. Please clue me in....

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've got all my space hulk death angel cards imported (around 200 cards) and the app is about 90mb with them all in.
    First I did take photos of all my cards and import them that way which works fine but the lighting wasn't very even on my cards so I ended up finding card scans online and putting them into my iPads photo library and using them like that which also works fine.

4. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Thank you for the reply and spot on with the example! I am looking to buy a card game of some sort to play and that was one of the games i was looking at. Definitly going to google for scan images and go that route. I am also looking at the pathfinder base set which as like 500 cards in it but finding it hard to decide between the 2. Guess i will have to buy them both. Oh my poor wallet....

5. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    One thing I would say is that if your looking at space hulk it was a lot easier to learn how to play the game with the physical cards, I'm not sure I would have done it with this app.
    I'd say this is more for when you already know how to play a game then you have it without all the mess but if your trying to learn how to play a game and how to move and rotate, flip etc all the cards with the app then it's going to be harder than it needs to be.
    Just my opinion but I'd still buy the cards. (And good look searching it took me ages to find the scans:eek:)

6. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just had a few games of death angel while I'm waiting for space hulk tomorrow night, still love this app. It's had some good updates since the last time I properly played with it, now you can have tokens and place points on the cards.
    Brilliant app.

7. nuutsch

nuutsch Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Any chance for cardwarden on 6+?
    I love to play Mage Knight, RftG and LotR on my iPad.
    Tried the hearthstone trick. Installs fine, but the app crashed immediately.
    6+, 9.2, no JB.

8. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I'm really confused about this app. So there's no online, how do you play locally? Is each player supposed to have a tablet or do you share one? How does that work for games like Epic, Dominion or Cards Angainst Humanity?

9. nuutsch

nuutsch Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Played only Solo-games like LotR, Mage Knight, Friday, RftG.
    Its a lot of work, but totally worth it.

Would pay many dollars to play on my 6+ :(

10. fiveolddogs

fiveolddogs Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Is anyone sharing game setups for this app the way they do for Tabletop Simulator? I own the app and would love to try some solo games like Death Angel and Mage Knight, but after spending hours trying to set up DA and failing miserably, I set the app aside.